Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these from Shear Comfort. Only have the back seat in. Front seat and headrests didn't work. They told me it is the right cover with the wrong configuration. In other words it would fit an older Challenger. (Its why I called a couple times to make sure they had the new cuts):disgust: Anyway...they say they have the 2011 configuration and will be sending me those. Next week maybe I can start driving this beast without worrying about blue jeans! I couldn't Velcro the bottom of the seat backs because of that carpet flap on the back of the seat and I couldn't get the left side to clip in even tho its pretty snug and wont fall down with all this neo. Shear Comfort has these made by Cal Trend so those are the people im talking to about fixing these issues.Time will tell
Took a pic with flash and without.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
They look Awesome!! how much were they?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it would be worth it if they made white w/blue stripes that look similar...

ive been living w/ dealership plastic on all the seats, but im close to just going bare on the front seats....when you look in my interior it looks like crap...plastic everywhere...im close to just accepting the seats will be marked up and enjoy my car as is....

how much for just the fronts?

and do you have to take the front seats out to install it?

any chance the covers will stain the seats?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Got these from Shear Comfort. Only have the back seat in. Front seat and headrests didn't work. They told me it is the right cover with the wrong configuration. In other words it would fit an older Challenger. (Its why I called a couple times to make sure they had the new cuts):disgust: Anyway...they say they have the 2011 configuration and will be sending me those. Next week maybe I can start driving this beast without worrying about blue jeans! I couldn't Velcro the bottom of the seat backs because of that carpet flap on the back of the seat and I couldn't get the left side to clip in even tho its pretty snug and wont fall down with all this neo. Shear Comfort has these made by Cal Trend so those are the people im talking to about fixing these issues.Time will tell
Took a pic with flash and without.
I ordered a set from them and I had to send them back due to them being the wrong version as well. I called them and made it very clear what I was looking for and I was very detailed on the online order form and they still got it wrong, hopefully the next set they send me will work. What rep did you speak with Dennis?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
im 90% there towards buying them..the price is right...

the only thing holding me back is the color bleeding...they say no, but 5 years from now if i look and the seats are all blue what am i going to do?

what does the underside look like? is it mesh or does it look the same as the top side

for the price this solution seems like the best of all choices...the plastic idea im doing looks like crap

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
how easy to install?

how easy to get the back seat out and in?

it really does look good!

i just ordered silver w/blue inserts...they said the silver is more light grey...i am going to look into finding someone to put 392 on the head rest

$448 total(i used SALE2011 as a coupon code)

its supposed to have black foam on the back...i will be making sure it doesnt stain before i put them on..ill rub some of that foam on the edge of one of the seats...black foam...too bad it wasnt white foam

they said there getting alot of 2011 srt calls...they knew what i had when i said white seats

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't own an IE (or even a Challenger), but why not consider finding a business who will custom-make some seat covers in, say vinyl, that are identical (or close to it) as the stock seats... and vinyl won't stain... You may pay more for custom, but it'll look better than plain, off the shelf covers and they'd be customized to your taste/wallet?!

Where to look, I have no idea, just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i just saw some neoprene covers on a corvette...it had the corvette logo in the head rest area....i thought you could get 392 embroidered on the backs for a couple hundred...whether its worth it or not....

i also saw something about the insides of the covers having a coating to prevent die transfer

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i was checking out some reviews on a corvette website...they said there hard to take off for shows...also saw pics of the vette logo on the head rest on one of them....so its possible to embroider onto them

im excited i may have found a $450 solution to this issue...its been bugging me ever since i heard how hard they are to keep clean

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THEONE....this guys name was Ismael. He did help me out. The front seat covers had to go back .....they had put a rectangular hole at the top in the back. I put it on anyway to see if there were any other issues. I ended up sending them lots of pics of before and after shots. The biggest deal is the latch. You could really go without a opening their....but only you would know its their. I could work the latch with it under the neoprene. I told them that but he said they had it figured out. And on the bottom of the back seat in the front, it just needs straps instead of velcro....i think. We will see. Good Luck....I think we both need it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
THEONE....this guys name was Ismael. He did help me out. The front seat covers had to go back .....they had put a rectangular hole at the top in the back. I put it on anyway to see if there were any other issues. I ended up sending them lots of pics of before and after shots. The biggest deal is the latch. You could really go without a opening their....but only you would know its their. I could work the latch with it under the neoprene. I told them that but he said they had it figured out. And on the bottom of the back seat in the front, it just needs straps instead of velcro....i think. We will see. Good Luck....I think we both need it.
Got 1/2 your problem...no straps on front backs....still waiting for them to get back to me. I sent pic's last week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts