Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my drivers seat fan seems to come on when the temp is above 80 degrees F. It doesn't seem to care what I've set the switch to. is this a 'feature'? I don't have the remote start (which I believe will allow you to set these options to automatically start). Is there a way to control it? ~d

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
my drivers seat fan seems to come on when the temp is above 80 degrees F. It doesn't seem to care what I've set the switch to. is this a 'feature'? I don't have the remote start (which I believe will allow you to set these options to automatically start). Is there a way to control it? ~d
The same happens on my Scat Pack Shaker. It also turns on the steering wheel and seat warmer when it's cold (I think in the 30*s).

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is a setting for it, accessible thru the Uconnect radio.
From the owners manual (page 293):

Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering
Wheel With Vehicle Start — If Equipped
When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and
heated steering wheel will automatically turn ON when
temperatures are below 40° F (4.4° C). When temperatures
are above 80° F (26.7° C) the driver vented seat will
turn ON. To make your selection, press the “Auto Heated
Seats” button on the touchscreen then select either “Off,”
“Remote Start” or “All Starts.”

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Since it appears you have a '17 GT...

There should be a Auto Comfort settings in the radio menu - it will default to:

Summer:
*turn on driver's seat fan on LO (usually temps are 80*+ for this to come on)

Winter:
*driver seat heater on LO
*heated steering wheel (if equipped) turns ON

Some of the early '17s were missing this menu option (and required a reflash for uConnect software to correct this)
its a matter of selecting / deselecting this feature to turn off the automatic feature.

Otherwise, you can turn either vent, heated seat, or steering wheel heat from the climate / settings menu at will.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the early '17s were missing this menu option (and required a reflash for uConnect software to correct this)
its a matter of selecting / deselecting this feature to turn off the automatic feature.
great to know... I tried finding the setting in uconnect (as specified in the manual) and could not find it, it read like it was a setting for remote start enabled cars only. I'm assuming that the re-flash would need to be a dealer update - as apposed to an OTA update. I will also check again (as it has been a month or two since I last checked for the settings.).

thanks everyone... for a while I thought I was going crazy ... today the fan is on.. the next its off... until I started noticing the temperature correlation...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts