Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever raised the passenger seat? My gf is 4'11" and can't see out very good. Car is an 09 SRT, I am thinking about putting spacers under the seat like we used to do in the 70's, but I haven't checked yet, so it may not be possible.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Your spacer idea may very well work. The 4 bolts are flush with the floor of the car. Here is something that I found funny. The 2 back bolts are larger than the 2 front bolts, at least it was that way on my 2009.

Now the question is, what do you use for spacers? On my 1970 Challenger, there were stacks of washers under the rear of the seat. :LOL:

·
Registered
410 Posts
My wife requested (and got) a washer stack - just the rears as I recall.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I get the washer stack, but would it be easier and better to get a seat cushion?

My OCD woudl not allow one seat to be higher than the other. (yes, I get the electronic seat raise and lower, but still....)

·
Super Moderator
16,029 Posts
I get the washer stack, but would it be easier and better to get a seat cushion? My OCD woudl not allow one seat to be higher than the other. (yes, I get the electronic seat raise and lower, but still....)
I would recommend a seat cushion, too. There are several comfortable ones available.

5 Best Car Seat Cushions - Jan. 2022 - BestReviews

Also, here is one with a 3" thickness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts