Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum and I have searched all over for this subject. Any help would be appreciated. I put new leather seats in my RT and I am trying to figure out where the harness to connect the gray plug under the seat that comes from the HSM (heated seat module) goes. My BCM does not have anything additional attached to it. It also does not appear to have room for any further plugs. Hope this makes sense to someone. Thanks in advance.

PS I checked the shop manual, and it doesn't mention the gray plug which seems really odd.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You did not say what year your car is but H/V seats were not standard on a lot of cars and needs as you noted another module to work correctly. If your cars does not have that module then you wont be able to hook that part of the seat up.
On my 16 rt I had the dealer install katskin custom leather with H/V seats. That worked great and a bit better then the 2 step setup the factory uses. Plus reminds me that if you did not have that option originally then you need to have the radio flashed to add the H/V options to it.

Ron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answers and thoughts. The car is a 2015. The seats came out of a 2018 with 700 miles on it. The seats have the heated / vented option. The HSM is under the passenger side seat, and it plugs into the BCM beside the passenger side door in the front. Not sure where the driver's side harness would go to. The harness for both side is what I am trying to figure out. Seems to be a mystery. Katskins are not an option since I already have brand new seats. Plus I like the OEM controls in the UAQ8.4 head unit. Surprised no one else has run into this. But I am hoping to get some information out of the dealer. I am beginning to think the vehicles have different wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I looked into this in 2016 when I had a 16. The radio needs to be programmed for sure. they may have different harnesses but when I looked into it myself you needed more hardware then just the seats and bmc module. Infotainment.com sells a wire harness to adapt the 8.4 radio to except H?V seats. You most likely need something like that. You may want to talk to somebody in that field as they may know what else is needed for the conversion to work properly.
From personal experience though the katskin option is a much better option as the factory settings only have 2 options hi and low. Low is not detectable and high is lack luster at best, where the katskin has 3 options and at least med is worth while and high is actually functional. I never tried low on those seats.
Good luck with this though as advancing the upgrading knowledge here makes it easier to do the same thing in the future.

Ron

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,327 Posts
Following

1 - 5 of 5 Posts