Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with their cloth seat upholstery showing wear patterns, as in thread breakdown basically looking like you have 80,000 miles on your car when you only have 2,000 miles? The seats in my 2014 Rt with standard interior are coming apart. I notified the dealership at just under 2000 miles that the front seats were showing wear patterns. first the driver side then by 3000 miles both front seats had white threads breaking loose on the bottom cushion. Mopar has always had a bit of a reputation for their poor quality interiors but I thought that was back in the day. The dealership salesman and I are personal friends and he told me to stand my ground when Ithey offer to repair the seats and tell them that I don't want what I already have. He said that Dodge will have the interior redone in whatever material I want because it's the same price to them, be it leather or otherwise. Has anyone out there had any experience dealing with seat upholstery issues? Any experience with warranty issues at all??
I have owned many Mopars andmy 2014 R/T is the best out of the bunch. I'm just not sure what to expect from the warranty department.
thanks for your time.
thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My srt passenger seat had the leather coming out around the seat tilt lever and I had it inspected asking how they could fix it and they told me they wouldn't. They would just replace the whole seat cover. I was surprised. It all depends on how hard the dealer works to get it warratied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2013 r/t and noticed the driver seat is showing excessive wear with only 5000 miles on the car.....I have been thinking of taking it in

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
The dealer will only replace it with what's already in it, if it's under warranty. That's all Chrysler will pay for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello pb2603, Kruzin’s post is correct, my dealership will only replace my front seat covers with the same material that failed. I even offered to pay the difference to upgrade but they would not go for that either. After waiting for over 8 months, I was just notified today that the replacement parts are finally in stock.
I understand the policy of only replacing what has failed. Although it would have been nice if Dodge would allow upgrades for part failures and even better if they offered upgrades at dealer cost as an option. I think that kind of goodwill would go a long ways towards future sales and maybe issues like this would be resolved in less than 8 months.
The only advice I can offer regarding warrantee issues is very basic; document all conversations. Especially if your warrantee is about to run out and you have mechanical issues that are intermittent.
Over all, I have been very happy with my new Challenger R/T. Not surprising, it sure out performs my 70’ Challenger R/T. My only regret is that I did not purchase an SRT.
Happy trails.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I had holes develop in the seat back side bolster on the driver side along the seem. Dodge replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I noticed a small area that looked like it might open up in the passenger side leather seat a year after I purchased it. When I showed it to my dealer, they said no problem. We will order in a replacement cover for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts