Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys please help me out, so my challenger was in an accident, and I took care of all the seat belt tensioners, buckles, and the main module; by re-setting them with Safety Restore. Yet the seat belt light didn't go away, and the first 2 minutes of driving it keeps beeping. Next, I checked the car with a professional code reader, which read something along the lines of, "No signal of driver or passenger, when both seats were occupied." Also, it read that, "No signal from seat belt switch."

What can this be? Do I need to get new seats because of the weight sensors?
Please let me know, I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,601 Posts
So when you cycle the ignition to RUN, does the seat belt light ever go out?

It sounds like it does not, but I just wanted to make sure. If it does temporarily go out after cycling ignition, there is a procedure to disable the audible chime that you can use to at least stop that while you hunt for a permanent fix.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Are the seats plugged in? Are the seat belts plugged in? Did the pre tensioners fire? That's not stuff you just monkey around with at home. I don't have procedures handy but Dodge requires a lot of inspections and replacement in a collision. It may need a zero point calibration, occupant detection calibration, front impacts require steering column replacement, impact to the wheel requires steering rack replacement. I kind of got off subject with some of that but these aren't simple systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So when you cycle the ignition to RUN, does the seat belt light ever go out?

It sounds like it does not, but I just wanted to make sure. If it does temporarily go out after cycling ignition, there is a procedure to disable the audible chime that you can use to at least stop that while you hunt for a permanent fix.
Hi Nuke, I appreciate the response, no the light does'nt go out. Its always on.
Do you know where I can find that procedure to turn the chime off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the seats plugged in? Are the seat belts plugged in? Did the pre tensioners fire? That's not stuff you just monkey around with at home. I don't have procedures handy but Dodge requires a lot of inspections and replacement in a collision. It may need a zero point calibration, occupant detection calibration, front impacts require steering column replacement, impact to the wheel requires steering rack replacement. I kind of got off subject with some of that but these aren't simple systems.
Hey OregonScat, thank you for your response. When I meant I restored the tensioners, buckles, and module, I was meaning that I unplugged the battery first, disconnected all the connections, and sent all the parts to, Safety Restore, these guys restore these parts by; clearing the collision coding, re-charging the buckles with new impact cartridges therefore, avoiding the need to buy new parts and re-programming it to the vehicle. I did not do the technical work at home.

What and where are these calibrations you are talking about done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey OregonScat, thank you for your response. When I meant I restored the tensioners, buckles, and module, I was meaning that I unplugged the battery first, disconnected all the connections, and sent all the parts to, Safety Restore, these guys restore these parts by; clearing the collision coding, re-charging the buckles with new impact cartridges therefore, avoiding the need to buy new parts and re-programming it to the vehicle. I did not do the technical work at home.

What and where are these calibrations you are talking about done?
Also, yes I double checked all the connections, and the seat and buckles are all plugged in correctly.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm an I-Car Platinum steel and aluminum structural tech and I would take it to a dealer and have all of those reconditioned parts replaced with new OEM and have the system diagnosed and corrected.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Hey guys please help me out, so my challenger was in an accident, and I took care of all the seat belt tensioners, buckles, and the main module; by re-setting them with Safety Restore. Yet the seat belt light didn't go away, and the first 2 minutes of driving it keeps beeping. Next, I checked the car with a professional code reader, which read something along the lines of, "No signal of driver or passenger, when both seats were occupied." Also, it read that, "No signal from seat belt switch."

What can this be? Do I need to get new seats because of the weight sensors?
Please let me know, I'd appreciate it.
Have you considered reaching out to an authorized dealer for further insight? If so, feel welcome to PM us if you need any additional support working with them and we'd be glad to assist.

Steph
DodgeCares

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,601 Posts
Hi Nuke, I appreciate the response, no the light does'nt go out. Its always on.
Do you know where I can find that procedure to turn the chime off?
I can list it out, but not sure it will work since one step is to wait for the light to go out before continuing.

1. Sit in drivers seat, cycle ignition to ACC, and buckle seat belt.
2. Cycle ignition to RUN (without starting engine) and wait for seatbelt light on dash to go out.
3. Unbuckle and buckle the seat belt 3 times, making sure to end the sequence with the seatbelt buckled.
4. Cycle the ignition OFF and then back to ACC.
5. Unbuckle the seatbelt and cycle ignition to RUN to start the engine and test if chime was successfully disabled. (You will need to go for a drive.)

NOTE: steps 3 and 4 may have to be completed in less than 10 seconds. I cant remember for sure, but try that just in case to make sure.

Reactions: ChallyTatum
1 - 10 of 10 Posts