Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having issues with my left side speakers in my 2012 RT with sound coming in and out, and a few weeks ago they finally went out for good it seems. I went to the dealership and they chalked it up to the radio unit itself. So I just put my car in today to have the radio replaced under warranty. This will now be my SECOND radio Ive had replaced in the car.. Kinda crazy if you ask me, and I can see how non mopar lovers can be detered from buying, but hey, I still LOVE the car.

Has anybody else had a problem like this before?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ive been having issues with my left side speakers in my 2012 RT with sound coming in and out, and a few weeks ago they finally went out for good it seems. I went to the dealership and they chalked it up to the radio unit itself. So I just put my car in today to have the radio replaced under warranty. This will now be my SECOND radio Ive had replaced in the car.. Kinda crazy if you ask me, and I can see how non mopar lovers can be detered from buying, but hey, I still LOVE the car.

Has anybody else had a problem like this before?
It's probably just a pinched wire somewhere. I assume they've checked the door itself for a pinch around the door jamb. There are common problems with some of the base model head units (the 130 units) but it's faceplate related. Not one particular output channel.

This is manufacturing tolerance sort of issue. Those are going to hit you regardless of what make and model you drive. It's what warranties are for. Go to a mustang forum and you'll see a number of these random one-off "built on a Friday" issues too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts