Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,
I want to add a security system to my car but I don't want or need another fob. Is there an alarm that you are using that interfaces with the keyfob for the car? Thanks in advance for any advice and/or suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
I can’t see an aftermarket alarm system working with the current FOB, but if you install an aftermarket alarm, you may not need the OE FOB. I mean, what would it be used for?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t see an aftermarket alarm system working with the current FOB, but if you install an aftermarket alarm, you may not need the OE FOB. I mean, what would it be used for?
I will still need the OE fob to start the car. Unless, I get and alarm with remote start, door lock actuators, etc.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,569 Posts
I will still need the OE fob to start the car. Unless, I get and alarm with remote start, door lock actuators, etc.
Forgot about the starting, yeah I guess that’s kinda important...

IDK man, I’d be very surprised if you can find a way to make an aftermarket alarm work without spending an arm and a leg...but what do I know, I forgot about the FOB‘s role in starting the car! ?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,433 Posts
Hi forum,
I want to add a security system to my car but I don't want or need another fob. Is there an alarm that you are using that interfaces with the keyfob for the car? Thanks in advance for any advice and/or suggestions.
Maybe add the factory one if you don't have it?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Hi forum,
Alarms do nothing, still can steal it if they want it bad enough.

Most kits end up hurting the factory wiring causing issues down the road.

I just pull the fuel pump relay, and block the car in if I leave it sit in the yard for months on end

GPS tracker would be a good idea, but do u really want it back ??? never seen a good thief drive nice and easy till U find it....…………..

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
I have a Ravelco antit-theft device on my 2009 SRT. It is a proven system that has been around since 1976. Highly recommended.

It uses a unique removable 16-pin male connector that completes all the electronic connections. Each plug is individually coded, there are more than 100,000 combinations and no master plugs. Unless the plug is inserted, you cannot start the vehicle even with the key fob. A concealed armored steel cable protects the circuits from the Ravelco base. There are no exposed wires, all wires are the same color, and all connections are made in and through the factory wire harness. A properly installed Ravelco is virtually impossible to detect and extremely time consuming to trace, even for factory trained technicians.

Check out their website.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
Not sold yet, my luck they tow it and torch it...………….

Sight says about $650 installed...………...still on the fence

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a Viper Alarm system. It has a shock sensor capability. So if they break the glass or try to steal the wheels it will go off. You could arm and disarm with the factory keyfob but if you want the 2 way function on the Viper remote (up to 1000 feet) you need to bring that along. I don't bother with it since I have a dashcam and wifi that will alert me if there is motion or impact detected. Then I could view my phone to verify.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts