Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
this line tells you everything, it does nothing but trick the ecu to dump more or less fuel. it doesnt reprogram tables or anything else. its crap stay away

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This seems like the cheapest HP upgrade
Wondering if anyone tryed it yet?..................JQ

DODGE CHALLENGER G-Force Peformance Chip
Seems like everyone has an opinion based on not trying it. There's real proof for yah. LOL It's like saying just because your not dating the prom queen the rest of the girls are ugly. LMAO. I do agree 60 Hp is pure BS.

It would be nice if some one who has run one could give us 1/4 mile times before and after install.

You would think all these guys with tons of money and bragging and starting threads about how much they have and their signature list goes on like the bible could spend $69.00 and do a real test. I would but I'm not rich and I'm protecting my lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
304 Posts
pwr, it is doing nothing good for the car. All this does, if I am correct, is put a resistor in place for the IAT sensor, so the sensor always reads the same temp. That way when the heat soak starts to occur, the car doesn't know it is happening, and never backs the timing out. I had a buddy that used to do this to LS1 GM's a few years ago, and then would tell everyone that he couldn't understand why our cars ran slower times when it was hot out, as his car was fine. I never could explain to him what was happening

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
and thats when you will drop pistons! knock sensor would probably pick up and retard the timing back so gains would be slim. again with modern technology do you really want to hack into sensors?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
We don't have to test this because we already know what it does and that it's garbage.

We know the IAT sensor is nothing more than a simple sensor that changes its output voltage (or resistance on some cars depending on what kind of sensor it is) based on the temperature of the air it sees.

This "chip" is nothing more than a resistor ($2 at Radio Shack) that will change the value the ECM sees from the IAT. It will cause the ECM to add more fuel when it's not necessary.

The best you could hope from one of these is crappy gas mileage. The worst would be CELs and other drivability problems.

Remember the car wants to be at 14.7:1 in closed loop. Adding more fuel with out air to compensate will only cause the O2 sensors to send signals to the ECM to pull fuel back out. They have a 20% or so adjustment range. Go beyond that and you'll get CEL.

·
Registered
711 Posts
what scares me is no option for the engine types?? umm the programming is not the same between the 3 engine platforms....... nuff to keep me clear of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
this line tells you everything, it does nothing but trick the ecu to dump more or less fuel. it doesnt reprogram tables or anything else. its crap stay away
Sounds like the trick some guys were using on the viper truck club forum. By adding a resistor in the wire going to the intake air temp sensor, you could trick the computer into thinking the air temp is cooler than it actually is. The theory was that in temps above about 80 degrees, the ecu pulls timing to prevent detonation, and some claimed that they could actually tell a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just was wondering I have seen these types of Chips in the past years for all sorts of cars and all claiming more HP...........JQ

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i want 5 chips for 300 hp

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you could get 60 more HP and better efficiency to boot while still keeping the engine safe for anything under $500 it would probably already by on all of our cars from the factory. This business is still quite competitive and any and every company would instantly jump for a cheap and quick edge on the competition.

Same as those additives that 'increase mileage'. If there was a simple additive that did something special, it would be used by every oil company. Yeah, they want to continue selling us more gas, but as soon as Shell tries to get a leg up by advertising 'a 10% boost in efficiency' then Exxon and Chevron will be about .001 seconds behind.

You may not trust large that large corporations look out for our best interests, but at least trust them to look out for THEIRS over their competitors. :guiness:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts