Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered one through amazon for 748 and free shipping. I emailed beforehand and they told me the same thing...but can't always trust someone taking 750$ off your hands...

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I ordered one through amazon for 748 and free shipping. I emailed beforehand and they told me the same thing...but can't always trust someone taking 750$ off your hands...
I wouldn't really worry about a Seibon piece though. Chances are you'll like it, I've seen others buy various other pieces from them and they all love them.

You should weigh the stock trunk and the Seibon one, I'm interested in knowing the weight difference. lol

Shifty

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on it...i'm 6'2 310 I need as much weight reduction as possible...actually I think me and the car need some weight reduction.:icon_cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Seibon does make good quality product. But one thing to beware of is that the pieces aren't actually clear coated. They are sprayed in a UV protectant of some sort, which turns hazy/yellow after long exposure to heat/sun. So if youre not in the north, you may want to consider having them sanded down and clear coated properly.

It usually not an issue for little accent pieces, but for hoods, roof tops and trunks Id be a little concerned because of the size of the pieces.

I dont see much about it here. But it was a big problem on the 350z forums. Have a look into it.

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about a Seibon piece though. Chances are you'll like it, I've seen others buy various other pieces from them and they all love them.

You should weigh the stock trunk and the Seibon one, I'm interested in knowing the weight difference. lol

Shifty
Thats what I would like to know also?Would determine if it is worth the price.
I would be more into weight reduction.Would paint it body color anyway.Also a hood if there was a substantial weight loss

·
Registered
184 Posts
Actually on the weight note as well.

Sorry i know this isnt a 350z forum. But on those cars the hood was made of aluminum and weighed 11lbs. The lightest CF pieces were in around 13lbs. So there was actually no weight reduction. I dont know the specifics on the challenger, but thats something that might need to be checked out as well.l.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
was told the challenger had an aluminum hood so no weight reduction there

the trunk lid may be heavy though; who can confirm;

would be interested in replacing the front fenders with CF; that would be fun and lighter...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts