Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Selling a car

1134 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Walaby
I wanted to ask those of you who have sold a car privately how you accepted payment from the buyer. I am thinking wire transfer since people have told me that cashier's checks are easily forged and difficult to verify. How did you work it out?
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
I've never been involved in a long-distance transaction like Lord Warlock but it sounds like he had his bases well-covered. For local transactions, I prefer to go to the buyer's bank/credit union and have them issue a check from his account. Then the buyer and I go to a deputy registrar and transfer the title to his name.

I suppose I could have a problem if he had very recently made a deposit to his account that turned out to be bogus.

The transfer of title issue caused me a problem once when I traded a car to a dealer and when the dealer sold it to someone, the title was not immediately transferred for some reason. Soon after, the new owner got into an accident with a car that was still titled in my name. It turned out to be easily resolved so it wasn't really an issue in that case.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.