Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may sell my 09 Challenger R/T 6spd this spring. I have installed a Cervinis shaker hood setup. It came pre-painted both sides and cost me around $2600. I saved the factory hood and wondering if I would be better off selling the shaker hood setup or leaving it on the car? I know some mods you don't get your money out of but in this case the car looks so cool with the shaker on it I wonder if I could get $2,000 more for the Challenger by leaving it on.
I also installed a Hurst shifter I think I would leave on.
I would be selling the car myself, not trading it in.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I'd say keep it on and tell them they can have the stock hood as well. If you bump the price accordingly shouldn't be a problem

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'd price the trade both ways. I recently traded my 2010 RT for an IE 392 and they gave me approx 2K more to leave my hurst pistol grip and Corsa exhaust installed.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
I'd price the trade both ways. I recently traded my 2010 RT for an IE 392 and they gave me approx 2K more to leave my hurst pistol grip and Corsa exhaust installed.
That's what I would recommend. If you can't get your money back from the cost of the shaker, sell it with the stock hood.

In that case, sell the shaker here. You'll probably get a lot of offers.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Put the stock hood back on.

Give the shaker hood to me.

Winning!

:laugh:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
it's a good question...you could probably get 75% of your original cost selling the shaker by itself for a local pickup. I thnk they look great! Do you think you can add 75% of the hood's cost to the vehicle price? I would guess not, but might be wrong. What color is your car? It looks either red or orange in your avatar. Good luck either way.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Selling it outright, I'd offer a choice. Offer it with one price,or 2K less with the stock hood. Most folks won't pay much, if anything for mods you've done. If you buy another Challenger, you may want to keep your shaker, have it painted and installed on the new Challenger. You'll be ahead of the game.

Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
Selling it outright, I'd offer a choice. Offer it with one price,or 2K less with the stock hood. Most folks won't pay much, if anything for mods you've done. If you buy another Challenger, you may want to keep your shaker, have it painted and installed on the new Challenger. You'll be ahead of the game.

Mike
great advice!! if you were closer i would pay the 2k for the hood for my car

·
Registered
710 Posts
I would try to sell the hood to anyone that could pick it up themselves because shipping would probably be expensive.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess if anyone was interested I would sell it for $2,000. I think by the time I paid shipping it cost me almost $3,000. It only has about 2500 miles on it. Perfect shape. Hemi Orange.
I even bought the really expensive custom 345 Hemi badges for the side of the shaker. Still have the box the hood came in. It has to be shipped freight which is costly. Pick up would be the perfect way to go.
I live in Peoria Il.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted pics of the car in the for sale thread.
Will have to get some interior shots tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts