Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really appreciate some input. I want to sell my 2016 SRT 392.
It only has 11000 miles, garage kept, Procharger installed. MINT condition with extras such as a color matched Barton Shifter, Mopar Hood Pins, color matched accessories, rear 20x11 wheels with 315s, etc.

What is a good starting price? Also, what are the best sites to put it up for sale on? Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
292 Posts
Good looking car!
I'd start by getting an online quote w/ the basics: kbb.com, carvana.com, cars.com, carmax.com

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,698 Posts
I would remove the Procharger and return the car to stock. You will be better off selling it that way.
Should still let the prospective buyer know the car was mod'd and to what extent. If one doesn't that's in the same field as not reporting the car had an accident.

The rule for used car buying is to avoid a car with a story. A mod'd car has a story. A mod'd car returned to stock has a story.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,698 Posts
My advice would be the same as jaspurill offered: Use the various online websites to get wholesale/trade in/retail and private sale values for the car. Come up with an asking price and a won't take anything less price from that info.

If you want ask a premium for the mod's. It helps you some if you can show better than factory servicing to help mitigate the demands the mod's put on the engine and car. More frequent oil/filter services; air filter; plugs, and possibly even a transmission/diff fluid service. While this is not due on miles is shows you loved the car.

In short it is best if the car lacks for nothing. Good tires all around. All services up to date.

Treat the car to a thorough cleaning outside and inside.

You want the car looking as "new" as it can be and not needing any service for at least 6K miles or 6 months.

The general rule of thumb for a used car buyer is to have 10% of the car's purchase price set aside for just in case. By offering a car with everything up to date you can perhaps get part of that 10% with some good negotiation.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,013 Posts
The baby has exhaust problems :)

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts