Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a plain guy. I like my pizza with only cheese, my swimming pools with out diving boards and my cars with out bling. I'm trying to maintain a...for lack of a better term..."modern-retro" look about my car but just plain stock sucks.

The car's not driven like a rally racer (often). It's my mid-life crises cruiser. Ultra high performance isn't my goal.

So...here's my photo-chop idea.

Painted black stock 17's with polished lips, keeping the chrome lug nuts and center caps, running 255/60 Goodyear GT II's (white letters out of course) and lowering the ride height 1.5-1.75".

Opinions

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I can dig with the raised white letter tires, goodyear makes the best of those and the ones you have pictured are great!. If you are looking for an old school wheel though,. get some torque thrusts black or even gray. . but your picture looks A-O-K!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love some Torque Thrusts but they are only available in 20's and the GT II's that come in 20's are black letter only and a much larger tire...which will throw off my final drive gear ratio more then I'd be happy with.

There's just no good retro feel wheel or any wheel in general, in a 17, for the Challenger.

If anyone has wheel suggestions I'd love to hear about them.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Id say stick with something original like your first idea. Theres hundreds, maybe more challengers running torque thrusts and the equivalent. +1 on some powdercoat/paint.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Oh man.... +1 on the idea..... you've got my gears turning as well. The tires themselves aren't real good performers, but that's not the goal here. I think you hit on a good combo.

White letter tires, nice and tall, simple wheels..... excellent.

and I concur with rmfoorball69..... I have one of those Challengers with the Torque Thrusts. Hence my next Challenger, I'll stick with the 17's and find a good sized tire.

Hate to be a broken record, but yeah.... .REALLY nice idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts