Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a good amount of research on annoying brake squeal and dust with ceramic padding and trying to find what would be best to put on my baby, my father recommended semi-metallic pads with beveled edges. To me this sounded like a terrible idea, I was just going to go with ebc redstuff Brake Pads.. But he kinda got me into wanting to try out it out after he asked around to dealerships and I had done some research.. Anyways, babes currently in the shop, so when she gets out and I get some time with her I'll post on thoughts and opinions. Not entirely sure how this is going to end up! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
EBC Red Stuff are great brake pads for performance cars. They have much less brake dust than OEM pads and have a geat bite.

By the way, they have beveled edges to help keep your brakes quiet and prevent thermal cracking due to excessive braking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
EBC Redstuff here and love them. Wayyyy less dust than the Brembo pads. I had squealing too and believe it or not, the cause wasn't the pads, but the rotors. Sometimes the rotors develop a "lip" and it causes the squealing. Threw the pads on first, squealing still there. New rotors, squealing is gone.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I run semi metallic Wagner Thermoquiets. Best pads I've ever owned, almost zero dust, stop really well and are actually whisper quiet.

Reactions: Snush

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run semi metallic Wagner Thermoquiets. Best pads I've ever owned, almost zero dust, stop really well and are actually whisper quiet.
Yes, I have gotten to drive a little since my babe got out of the shop, unfortunately she's about to go back in, lol.. but yeah man, super quiet and brakes clean. On top of that, amazing for daily drivers considering I don't necessarily need ebc's pads because I don't plan on any ridiculous performance, and I did do research ahead of time to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into. Yes, ebcs are great but the concept was that of a test with semi-metallic instead of ceramics.. :clap: thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EBC Redstuff here and love them. Wayyyy less dust than the Brembo pads. I had squealing too and believe it or not, the cause wasn't the pads, but the rotors. Sometimes the rotors develop a "lip" and it causes the squealing. Threw the pads on first, squealing still there. New rotors, squealing is gone.
That's great! I was only posting to make people aware ebcs aren't the only great contributor to Challenger padding.

·
Registered
828 Posts
These are the only pads I ever run on my cars!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts