Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392 Jazz Blue M6 ProCharger Barton shifter
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting install of wideband O2 sensor and gauge. The gauge has a wire (analog out) to send data. How do I get the data to unlocked PCM on 2015? Gauge will read it, but tuner will need data on file sent to supply the custom tune. Can I hitch a ride off existing O2 sensor wire? Learning, so appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,209 Posts
Do not have a wiring diagram for the car you have but with other brands of cars the O2 sensor voltage signal was sent to the PCM via an analog input pin which fed the voltage level into an analog to digital peripheral which converted the analog voltage level to a digital value which could then be used for further processing.

IF the car came equipped with a narrow band sensor (0 to 1V), the PCM will need some custom software ("tune") in order to utiliize the wide band voltage signal (0V to 4V IIRC). Besides the voltage range being bigger the voltage level carries more info. It more precisely reflects the amount of oxygen in the combustion exhaust gases.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
The wideband does not talk to the PCM. DO NOT try to wire it in.

We need to know what kind of tuning device and wideband you are using in order to be able to help you get the wideband data into the data logger.

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Are you using Diablo or HP?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The wideband does not talk to the PCM. DO NOT try to wire it in.

We need to know what kind of tuning device and wideband you are using in order to be able to help you get the wideband data into the data logger.
Thanks for the warning.

Is the wide band sensor then only intended for use by the data logger and not to provide the PCM with better data regarding fueling?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Thanks for the warning.

Is the wide band sensor then only intended for use by the data logger and not to provide the PCM with better data regarding fueling?
Exactly

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
The AEM 30-0334 can be logged directly through the data bus via an OBD2 passthrough plug.
This is probably the easiest and cleanest way to do it with the least total cost involved.
This doesn't mean the PCM is reading it - it's just communicating on the same data bus.

That doesn't help you if you already have a different wideband though.

You can also log directly to a laptop as a channel in scanner with HP Tuners using a USB to serial port adapter.

But we have to know what equipment you have to really answer definitively.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Not sure I see the benefit of the wide band sensors. Sure one can know better what the fueling is but the engine controller has only the signal from the narrow band sensors to use to help calculate fueling.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Not sure I see the benefit of the wide band sensors. Sure one can know better what the fueling is but the engine controller has only the signal from the narrow band sensors to use to help calculate fueling.
Widebands help with WOT fueling. The pcm doesn't adjust WOT fueling on its own so without a wideband you'd never be able to accurately know what fueling is like at WOT. The tuner sets fueling at WOT btw, and that's what it stays at, it's called open loop. Closed loop is idle/part throttle when the narrowband sensors are still telling the car what is a good amount of fuel

Reactions: VQ4NFO
1 - 9 of 9 Posts