Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a few of you who went on the 03/13/11 Daylight Savings run had them. I just got my kit in the mail today and I'm getting nowhere. I managed to get the body mounted enclosure off, but I can't get the dang connector off. I slid the red clip over and pushed down on the rear tab, but it won't release. Did any of you have this problem? Maybe I need a stronger pair of hands.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My buddy, Lonnie came over today and we got 'er done. I actually did most of the work myself; I just needed moral support. It helped to have another pair of hands while messing with the trunk mounted light fixture though.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup; they blink a little fast, but it might take awhile for HAL to get used to them. Even so. people say it looks good.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they slow down a bit after awhile. The ones I saw when we did our Daylight Savings run were a little slower than mine. That's why I waited; until I could see them in person.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Just finished my install. It went very smooth, other than trying to figure out the pic's in the instruction sheet. Really the only one that was odd, was trying to discover what was meant by remove end covers "for deck light" . Anyway, take your time and read once, twice and then a third time, and you'll get it.. If it were a 2 min mod, it wouldnt be worth it now would it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like moparman, we enjoyed watching them during the Daylight Savings run also. Scatpakrt installed ours last week with no troubles. Now I look forward to the opportunity to use them just because I know how good they look.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I got mine in and have to agree with the op, that first connector doesn't come apart easy and they blink to fast. Something I noticed was You can pull the tail light out so you can get to the connector better instead if pulling the connector first.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I ask webelectric about the speed and here is what they said.
The harnesses adjust to the speed of the turn signal flasher, and there's
nothing that can be done about that.

Maybe it needs a little more time to adjust. Try a reset:

1) Start the car and let it run

2) Turn on the hazards and let them run for about a minute

3) Put on a signal, step back about 10-15 feet and take a look.

Keep in mind that all 4 lamps must come on while turn signal flasher is
"ON". The speed of the flasher is what sets the sequencing speed.

We don't want you to keep anything you don't like. If you are not happy,
send the kit back for a refund.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I am very happy with mine thank you....may, just may alter slightly with burn in time.. but if not, I'm still ok. These things are meant to be seen at a distance, night and day..
I say at a distance, there fantastic. any closer....BACK-OFF..

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if anyone make a different flasher that blinks a bit slower?

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
That's the reason I've held off....the flash rate is too fast.

We need to look in to a new flasher that's slower to solve the problem. Maybe someone with the kit and broach this with Web Electric.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
They say all 4 bulbs have to light and go out in the time the flasher cycles. I don't think anyone makes a flasher that's slower do they?
Need to research that. We used to swap them out on our sport bikes all the time when we integrated the turn signals in to the rear tail light with LEDs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Problems

Has anyone had problems with them occassionally stop working? I notice that ... on occassion (no discernable pattern yet) ... the blinker on one side blinks REALLY fast. When I got out to look, the tail light was not sequencing properly. If I turn the car off and on, it goes away.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts