Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I bought the Web Electric sequential turn light kit. I didn't install it untill about 6 months ago. It wasn't too hard to install and it worked beautifully. But now only the outside lights work sequentially. The lights in the trunk come on with the headlights but no longer flash at all. I assume the problem to be the sequencer for those lights has failed from vibration of shutting the trunk. Has anyone else had this problem? Can I buy just that sequencer? If so will it last? If I can't get more than a few months out of it I'd rather go back stock. I really like how they looked, I hope that isn't the case.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
reach out to Web Electric - its probably a matter of the sequencer module has gone bad - since the lights work, that confirms the circuit is getting power and has a ground / return working

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Yes I had the Mopar kit back in the day, it worked beautifully then I got a Tazer and I’m 100% convinced the light show(s) from the Tazer took out one of the sequencers, had to find a long lost mopar kit on eBay to fix it! That was a hard expensive lesson and never used the light show feature again...I’m sure you are correct in assuming a sequencer failed...have you used a light show lately though?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Btw for the 15+ taillights there a place in Germany that installs their version of a sequencing kit in your lights, the problem is the 500$ price and going without your taillights for who knows how long..I’m not a big fan of the two straight thin lines (looks wimpy) that light up with the brakes I’d rather have the whole thing light up when stopping, along with sequencing signals!...come on dodge get this right on the next platform

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
366 Posts
I installed my WebElectric sequentials circa 2011 and after 80k miles of driving I've had to replace the incandescent taillight bulbs twice (only a couple bulbs were out but I replaced them all each time). I'd say it's not common. To troubleshoot, perhaps start by simply replacing the bulbs and double checking all the connections.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the bulbs. I was hoping something might have come unplugged or some common problem others have had. I'll try to contact the manufacturer if I can find them and they're open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts