Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16 SRT Pirelli summer tires. Left lawton, Oklahoma this morning to head to Baytown, Texas for NHRA race and the temp was right at 50 plus rain and this thing was scary to say the least. Are the all seasons the same or would they handle this type of weather better? Thanks

Mopar or No Car

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
you've discovered the 3 season / summer tire experience.

A lot of Viper owners have found out on a dry day in those temperatures things get scary very quickly.

An all-season tire won't have that symptom of getting rock hard and squirrely in the cold

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
My 16 SRT came with the Pirelli all seasons and they've been a fairly good all around tire for two years now. I drove a lot in the rain and they always seemed to grip fine in normal driving and feel safe on the road. They are pretty worn out now though so will be needing replacements, but haven't decided which ones yet.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
My 16 SRT came with the Pirelli all seasons and they've been a fairly good all around tire for two years now. I drove a lot in the rain and they always seemed to grip fine in normal driving and feel safe on the road. They are pretty worn out now though so will be needing replacements, but haven't decided which ones yet.Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The best all season tires are the Continental Extreme Contact DSW-06. They are, however, a little pricey.

I my opinion, the best bang for your buck is the new Cooper RS3-G1. They are a 500 AAA Ultra High Performance tire and a set of four can be purchased for about $550 from Discount Tire Direct (includes $100 Cooper rebate). Check out these two reviews:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I've been thinking of the Conti -06's too, but I'll have to keep my eyes on those Coopers.

When I ordered my SP, I almost talked myself into getting the 3 season tire option. Unfortunately, in my neck of the woods, there's a lot of "Winter" driving days with good weather, but low temps.

Ice skating is fine, and fun, but not in a Challenger! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts