Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought my 09 R/T brand spankin new in 08, well one of the first things I did was order a set of Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs. Everything was great till now, factory tires lasted till about 20k with no abnormal wear, replaced them with some Goodyear F1s. The car has 30k miles on it now (tires have about 10k) and its eating up the front and rear tires.. BAD. The fronts are completly gone but only on the inside same for the rear. When I take down an uneven road it pulls hard to either side of the road. Took it to get it aligned and its a no go, camber is way off, which was not an issue after springs were installed initially. Called around to get some awnsers and Eibach helped, guy told me sounds like the shocks are gone (which are stock) and possibly spring issues, what do yall think? The car sits lower than ever before. Everything seems to be screwed up for some reason. Does anyone have any input of what the hell is going on, please any input is greatly apprectiated. :icon_confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Seems like you have negative camber by your description and with is being an 09 shocks could very well be the culprit. I would looks for leaks or you can take one off and check the compression/rebound of the shock... If it's easy to push in with your hands you will know it's bad. JMO...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Any decent mechanic should be able to diagnose your problem very quickly. I'm sure the MOPAR springs are not your problem. You may need a camber kit to get it properly aligned from what I have been told by others. Since your first set of tires lasted long without issues, I'm leaning towards shocks like others have suggested. Pretty easy fix, if that's your problem. Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
New in 08 ?..dont think so !

Question ?

How could you buy a Brand Spanking New 09 R/T in 08 ?........... That's a year before it was made. :scratchhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts