Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my car I see an error message on the dash that says "service active suspension". It does not pop up every start. Typically on a cold start after sitting a few days. It goes away after a few seconds. I have also noticed that many times, even of do not see the message, the car rides like the sport mode is activated (rough). (the dash does not show sport mode. If I turn the car off and back on it reds fine. Any suggestions or experience with this error?

·
Vendor
12,388 Posts
Failure codes please, any active or stored codes?
Luke

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had this same problem....literally got the first message with 200 miles on the car. The car has been in the shop EIGHT times to get it fixed. They haven't fixed it. I did manage to get it to the shop with the screen still displaying the issue. THEY CLAIM an e-mail was sent to corporate about the issue because they don't know what to replace/fix. Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow. Its been an issue since May 13'.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I've had this same problem....literally got the first message with 200 miles on the car. The car has been in the shop EIGHT times to get it fixed. They haven't fixed it. I did manage to get it to the shop with the screen still displaying the issue. THEY CLAIM an e-mail was sent to corporate about the issue because they don't know what to replace/fix. Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow. Its been an issue since May 13'.
Show them the post above, I guess he has a better service department than you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get the same message. I have a 2012 SRT with 1600 miles on it. Message started coming up around 1300 miles. seems to go away for awhile if I drive with the track mode on. I've talked with 2 different dealerships and neither of them have any clue about the message.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jugrnt-
Did the dealer get back to you?
Yeah, they want me to drop the car off for a day so they can replace the module AND pretty much
the entire front suspension. The service manager said he never received a reply email from corporate
about the issue(upon contacting them) and is just going to replace everything they would believe is causing the problem. They did admit to not knowing what it is....so.:scratchhead: I'm nervous about just dropping it off and letting them at it blindly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They did tell me they pulled the code...I didn't ask what the code was( I shall). I really like my
dealer...so I hope they pull through on this issue.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
My dealer fixed it. It took a week to figure it out, but they gave my a new Jeep to drive. Parks Motors in
Augusta Kansas was the dealer. I have always been happy with them albeit the wait for my car back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So my dealer just ordered the module today. I believe (just as they do), this should correct
the issue. My car also showed that the driver side front and rear shocks were in the "stuck open" position.
The module replacement would seem to fix the issue imho, and it seems to work for others. To the OP,
did you get your car fixed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts