Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes me so mad that there is no 2010 service manuals on CD. You can subscribe online via tech authority, but who wants a reoccuring charge? How different are the 2009's from 2010's? What changes are not covered?

Anyone who would like to share there 2009 CD edition I would appreciate it. I just wanna see how its laid out and some examples before I purchase a $210 service manual that may or may not correspond with my 2010 srt8.

Shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Yes even though I love the vehicles, the lack of service manuals will keep me from buying another Chrysler product.

I don't know what they are thinking by not having service manuals available but it is a stupid business practice.

As for the 2009 Challenger CD manual, it is better than nothing but it does not compare in detail to the GM manual set I just bought for my 2011 truck. For example, the illustrations in the Dodge manual are like cartoons and in the GM manual the illustrations are detailed.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just heard that a 2009 to 2010 change was programming and rear end on automatics. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im gonna bite the bullet and purchase the tech authority service manual for $206. I want it in PDF versions and I use MAC and dont want to purchase a copy of windows and parallels, etc.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Bought the factory manual. As much as I hate to pay that amount.....here was the break down.

Factory Challenger manual, shipping, handling, tax.

Total $236.82!!! Complete crap. I am not happy about it.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Did the $206+ version come with a PDF version?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The last few DCX manuals i bought electronically were PDF. I assume this one will be also.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
The manual I listed above "SHOULD BE" the same one but cheaper and it did not come in PDF form. Let me know how you make out when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The last few DCX manuals i bought electronically were PDF. I assume this one will be also.
The Tech Authority manual I got is not in PDF form. It uses Adobe SVG (I think) which only works correctly for me with IE.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The answer is yes to the PM question.

I might convert the whole cd to PDF for Mac ease. I have the ability. The last tech authority service manual I bought was 2007 ram 1500. It was all in PDF. Very easy to share it with my other truck buddies. You could just take a few pages here and there and email them. Was great when someone had a small weekend project. CAM, Transmission change, etc.

Of course they would delete them after the install.

I also believe they have Adobe SVG viewer for Mac now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
2010 added trunk lid covering & leds in door also, and i do believe different rear gearing..I cant think of anything else off the top of my head......

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have received the service manual. Its ok. Not nearly as complete as my last DCX manual.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I returned the manual, I was dissapointed on its overall info. They subtracted shipping and handling and a additional handling fee, plus 25% restock fee. I got back $162 of my original 236.

Screw DCX. Techauthority blows.

I might call AMEX and dis credit there original charge. This is BS.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Check out my post number 7 in this thread. You can get the same manual for $60, which in my opinion is well worth it. However it's no where near worth $200+

1 - 20 of 26 Posts