Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a power steering service on my 2014 dodge challenger sxt plus, i been dealing with it for over a year when it first light up on my dash i would turn off and on the car and it will be fine for a whole while with no issues , at about 3 months i would get it twice and now around 2 times a week and i would always just turn off and on the car and it will work fine. Whitin the past week it has gotten worse where like in MOTION it would give me service steering . Im fed up so i took it to the dealership and they told me there is no way to pour fluid because of the hydraulic pump and want to charge $165 for a diagnostic. I have NO Check engine light or any malfuntion warning. They were able to get this code at the dealership . Anybody experience this issue?? Please advise
Code C220D-00 ELECTRIC POWERED HYDRAULIC STEERING MODULE INTERNAL.
it appears on the code that changing the pump is required but that looks like an expensive part.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Another thread with same code

Phantom372 may be able to add more info

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello A Guy, I did read the post but did not include a resolution . My car is been at the local dealership since thursday and they still do not have an answer. I just talked to the service advisor and he said until monday she will have an answer for me. We’ll see what happens monday

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
He did say what service he had done...but in any case, hopefully they fix yours soon

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, so they call me yesterday and they are unable to get the service power steering to come on so they are driving it around to see if it comes on. They called again today and no service power steering after 15 miles drive so they are suggesting according to the “stored code” C220D-00 ELECTRIC POWERED HYDRAULIC STEERING MODULE INTERNAL. They are suggesting to replace the rack and pinion assembly because the “module” that is shorting out is internal so the whole rack and pinion needs to be replaced???? I do not understand can someone please shed some light my way. They also gave me an estimate $1,600 for parts and labor! What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hello, so they call me yesterday and they are unable to get the service power steering to come on so they are driving it around to see if it comes on. They called again today and no service power steering after 15 miles drive so they are suggesting according to the “stored code” C220D-00 ELECTRIC POWERED HYDRAULIC STEERING MODULE INTERNAL. They are suggesting to replace the rack and pinion assembly because the “module” that is shorting out is internal so the whole rack and pinion needs to be replaced???? I do not understand can someone please shed some light my way. They also gave me an estimate $1,600 for parts and labor! What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advanced
It’s really simple. There are no serviceable parts of the rack. There are no Dodge inspection procedures for the rack. There are no Dodge procedures for repairing the rack. The only option is replacement.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
They consider the rack a part...

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts