Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, having a problem On my 2015 R/T plus and not sure what could have caused it.
My info system on the dash cluster is displaying “Service Tire Pressure System” and the display shows pressure readings for all but the driver side front tire, which is just showing dashes where the pressure reading should be. I recently replaced springs, brake rotors and pads. I removed the wheel on that side to see if any of the connections may have come loose due to the work I performed. Everything looks good and in tact and I was very careful while undertaking the work As not to damage any of the wiring pertaining to the system. All of the valve stem sensors were replaced last year and have had no problems until recently. I plan to do a tire rotation to see if the problem follows the wheel. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,160 Posts
Can you fill in your signature so we know what year your car is? I ASS U ME it’s a 2015.....but maybe it’s not.

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
The dashes on the display means a communication issue, either the sensor is dead or has lost program. Were the tires reinstalled in their original locations? Might just need to get out there and drive it and it will self reprogram.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dashes on the display means a communication issue, either the sensor is dead or has lost program. Were the tires reinstalled in their original locations? Might just need to get out there and drive it and it will self reprogram.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The tires are in their original locations. Drove it quite a bit today. Funny thing is it has started working (Error cleared out and registers pressure correctly) and stopped working at least three times now. Scratching my head

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Earlier, before editing your post, you only alluded to replacing the valve stems.

Now....you say sensors. Did you go back with MOPAR sensors or aftermarket? Were you just trying to avoid a problem, or did the tire shoppe talk you into doing so?

As you already mentioned.....I’d rotate the tires on that side and see if the problem follows with the rotation. If so....looks like you’d have a tire sensor problem. If not.....sounds like you’d have a receiver problem.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Earlier, before editing your post, you only alluded to replacing the valve stems.

Now....you say sensors. Did you go back with MOPAR sensors or aftermarket? Were you just trying to avoid a problem, or did the tire shoppe talk you into doing so?

As you already mentioned.....I’d rotate the tires on that side and see if the problem follows with the rotation. If so....looks like you’d have a tire sensor problem. If not.....sounds like you’d have a receiver problem.
I replaced sensors due to purchasing new wheel and tire set. Did not want to put the 4 year old sensors back in. I did go with aftermarket sensors from a reputable source. Maybe I should have just put some black electrical tape over the light on the dash. So annoying really 😂

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Hopefully you have a faulty sensor.....and hopefully you have some warranty remaining.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts