Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to inform everyone that upgrades there premium sound system with the Dual Kicker subs. After reading numerous post about splicing, and tapping into wires, I have found that this is not needed.

According to the instructions if you have the 8 speaker setup, then all you need to do is disconnect the sub in the rear deck and connect it to the other end of the kicker harness. If you don't have the sub in the rear deck, then you have the 7 speaker setup. At that point just disconnect the right rear speaker, and connect to the harness. Then connect the other end of the harness back to your right rear speaker.

It was really easy, and went pretty fast! I almost felt like it was wrong but it worked amazing.

Remember that on SG II you have a sub in the rear deck, but there is NO amp underneath. That's because there is 2 amps under the front dash. One is on the drivers side, and the other is somewhere near the glovebox. From what I know is this only applies to the RT, and SE. The SRT has a certain package that has the amp under the rear deck so that it can power the 10 inch corner sub, so that is why you have to tap the wires.

I confirmed my above setup with not only kicker, but mopar as well.

I do hope this helps someone.

PICTURE OF SOUND GROUP II ON 2010 RT, WITH SUB IN REAR DECK

1 - 1 of 1 Posts