Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Only picture I find

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
That is so gimmicky, but I want it in a way.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
I see that and I can hear those famous words spoken by PT Barnum.
THERES A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE!
There are many fine car covers that protect very well and not as expensive.

Reactions: Kurtshemi

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
537 Posts
I kinda want it, but I don’t at the same time

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah seeing that picture, I’m not digging it.
I was imagining it would look cooler for some reason.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I kinda want it, but I don’t at the same time
I know, right? I don’t use a car cover, but I kind of want that for the “hey look what I just got” factor

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
Or......look what I just wasted $$$ for. A clear window for the Shaker is pretty stupid.

Invite people over to see it?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
No thanks, all ready have my indoor car cover, she lives in a heated garage under my apartment, a wall on one side and a 2019 yellow corvette (covered) on the other side. Zero worries.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
I don’t put a full cover on anything anymore after I realized how much moisture gets trapped up one. My Harley was glistening with all her chrome and the cover was hiding condensation and that chrome got pitted enough to piss me off and sell it.
I now put 2 large fleece blankets covering the entire top of the car and a carpet drying fan in front of the car on a timer, it goes on for 30 minutes every 2 hours and all is well. There is never any time for moisture to wet anything under there. The car is 9 years old with 10,000 so it spends almost all its time in there but looks like day 1 still. They also sell wall mounted oscillating fans.
My friend took his Challengers cover off and from the middle of the body down the car was soaked.
He leaves that $350 cover on a shelf now.
Imagine thinking you’re helping what you’re covering only to find out you screwed yourself.
Most new homes have a moisture barrier under the concrete to keep it at bay. Mine does not.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I don't like the clear window but if there was a pocket that fit over the shaker that said shaker on it would be pretty cool.

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
I don’t put a full cover on anything anymore after I realized how much moisture gets trapped up one. My friend took his Challengers cover off and from the middle of the body down the car was soaked. He leaves that $350 cover on a shelf now.
It depends on the manufacturer of the cover. I have used premium Covercraft Noah covers that breathe and don't have a problem with trapped moisture.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I don’t put a full cover on anything anymore after I realized how much moisture gets trapped up one. My Harley was glistening with all her chrome and the cover was hiding condensation and that chrome got pitted enough to piss me off and sell it.
I now put 2 large fleece blankets covering the entire top of the car and a carpet drying fan in front of the car on a timer, it goes on for 30 minutes every 2 hours and all is well. There is never any time for moisture to wet anything under there. The car is 9 years old with 10,000 so it spends almost all its time in there but looks like day 1 still. They also sell wall mounted oscillating fans.
My friend took his Challengers cover off and from the middle of the body down the car was soaked.
He leaves that $350 cover on a shelf now.
Imagine thinking you’re helping what you’re covering only to find out you screwed yourself.
Most new homes have a moisture barrier under the concrete to keep it at bay. Mine does not.
The car covers (factory) I have for my Hawk's are very thin, almost like a parachute. They don't hold moisture at all and both cars look like new after 19 years. It's design that matters.

Would the plastic eventually scratch the shaker?
Even if not, all plastic eventually discolors, dries out and cracks. One of my criticisms of the proliferation of plastic parts on modern firearms. Hand them down to your great grand-kids...nope. 1911... be here for hundreds of years if stored/cared for properly.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
I don't even see the point of this - I use a car cover if I were parked outdoors @ work when there's no shelter from the sun

and the purpose is twofold; one to keep the dust off and second to avoid UV exposure - and this would seem to defeat the purpose
- this is from a Shaker owner

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Point is, "What can I spend money on next" (I guess?)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Hemi Under Glass :D

A Guy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts