Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of a debadged shaker scoop? I seriously considering taking the 392 hemi badge off and I'm curious how it looks afterwards. I really need the badge to put on my dart to impress people by up badging that and down badging the scat.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
It's an uncommon thing. In fact, I only found one picture of the stock black Shaker debadged. Except for the Cervini aftermarket

And painted

A Guy

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The 50th looks bare. I didn't like that so I did the opposite.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Red

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I still like it better with the badge.

Reactions: Superdog

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
776 Posts
I'm with Cuda340 on this. I bought a '12 Challenger R/T Classic, and wanted a Shaker hood scoop, but didn't want an aftermarket one. When the Shaker package came out, I went to our parts manager and got him to order me a hood and scoop setup. I got it, had it painted, and installed it. I was on the fence briefly about the "Shaker" emblems that came as part of the package, but ended up using them. The main reason I did so was to differentiate my factory shaker system from the aftermarket ones. I am sure that some aftermarket hoods and scoops are high quality, but I wanted mine to be instantly identifiable as a "factory" system. In my opinion, the scoop needs some emblem, whether an engine call-out, Hemi emblem, or the Shaker emblem, in order to not appear too plain. The beauty of modern emblems is that they are attached with double sided tape, making it possible to leave them of or change them without having to deal with the attachment holes that the emblems used on the '70-'71 shakers.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
276 Posts
We do as we please with our cars but later in years when they are becoming collectables, or being traded in missing badges take away from the value. Be sure and secure them in the car someplace.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
My B5 blue with the hood trim painted to match.
View attachment 1015987
I like that, was it done in place, or removed and painted? Plus I like how you tucked that Scat Pack emblem down low.
Or was that SHAKER added on, not factory? I think that, due to the different Bee emblems on the side.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,209 Posts
We do as we please with our cars but later in years when they are becoming collectables, or being traded in missing badges take away from the value. Be sure and secure them in the car someplace.
Beyond perhaps the Demons, and if the Super Stocks sell in limited production after all is said and done, I don't think we are talking many collectables. Most of the Challenger limited edition cars are currently not selling at higher prices, and with over 650,000 Challengers and counting produced since 2008, there is a plentiful supply.

If a badge can be removed without breaking, and then reinstalled, by all means keep it, especially if you know you don't plan on keeping the car long term

A Guy

Reactions: Charles 236

·
Registered
776 Posts
I bought a new Mustang Mach 1 in 2004, and had no thought of not changing it to suit my preference. A friend told me repeatedly that it would be a "collector's item" in time. My answer was, (and still is) not in my lifetime. People tend to forget that it took about twenty years for the original muscle cars to become worthwhile investments. If I wanted an investment, it wouldn't be any car. As much as I like my Challenger, I didn't buy it with any thought of future collectability. Modern Challengers are not super common, but there are far more modern Challengers than the first generation ones around.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
580 Posts
I bought a new Mustang Mach 1 in 2004, and had no thought of not changing it to suit my preference. A friend told me repeatedly that it would be a "collector's item" in time. My answer was, (and still is) not in my lifetime. People tend to forget that it took about twenty years for the original muscle cars to become worthwhile investments. If I wanted an investment, it wouldn't be any car. As much as I like my Challenger, I didn't buy it with any thought of future collectability. Modern Challengers are not super common, but there are far more modern Challengers than the first generation ones around.
FYI there was a 2004 Mach 1 for sale locally for $34k.

·
Registered
776 Posts
My Mach 1 had a sticker price of about $29,980 when I bought it. Of course, I didn't pay full sticker price, but $34,000 for a 17 year old car is a bit high in my opinion. I have seen certain cars that were bought and put away as an investment that had little or no miles and were priced like a new car. Still, I don't see that high of a price on what amounts to a used car, even with low mileage. I'm sure that there is someone who would love to have it, and I'm happy for them if they buy it.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
580 Posts
My Mach 1 had a sticker price of about $29,980 when I bought it. Of course, I didn't pay full sticker price, but $34,000 for a 17 year old car is a bit high in my opinion. I have seen certain cars that were bought and put away as an investment that had little or no miles and were priced like a new car. Still, I don't see that high of a price on what amounts to a used car, even with low mileage. I'm sure that there is someone who would love to have it, and I'm happy for them if they buy it.
Yeah...It was for sale for quite a long while. It did have under 7,000 miles on it.
It was a very nice Azure Blue example.
And I was mistaken. It was actually a 2003.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts