Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m new here by like one day?, but I’ve got one for you. I just bought my 2019 RT Shaker challenger and my SHAKER emblem flew off! Geez 150 miles can’t believe it, Doesn’t even look like a good adhesive and the emblem is plastic. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Wow, adhesive tape was bad or wasn't applied correctly at the manufacturer. Are you going to replace it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
Dealer visit, if they don't stock one, have them get one on order. Let them know you hadn't even had a change to wash the dang emblem, and it's gone

A Guy

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I was able to retrieve the emblem. I am definitely going back to the dealership first thing this morning. I called the dealership and they were very apologetic so the customer service response has been first rate—-let’s see how long the reinstalled emblem stays on this time. I am also going to have them check the emblem on the other side while they are at it—you would assume they will do that any way but zi’m not going to count on it.?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE- I brought my Challenger to the dealership this morning to reinstall the shaker emblem. The service rep told me they cannot be reinstalled because the double sided tape won’t adhere once used. They checked the Shaker decal on the other side and it fell off in the service managers hand?
So they said they will order my (2) new ones from Dodge. Pretty disappointing, but the car runs great and I am otherwise satisfied so far.
I guess everybody should check their shaker decals just to be sure they are on good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! My 2019 Scat Pack R/T Challenger with Shaker is on a train somewhere, on it's way to the dealership! I'll be sure to test them a bit....
Todd

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would have epoxy-ed that 'MF' to the Shaker ! geesh !
I love mine, it better not come off !
Yeah, if you get annoyed with the dealer, just epoxy that emblem to the side of the Shaker, its '392'
or something ?
'Fear the Bee ' ! wooooo?
Have a good one !
parrott

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ask the dealer for the two emblems back and that way you can make a MEDALLION on a gold chain for yourself and your significant other!........ Looks great with a leisure suit and wearing it to a "Back to the 70’s" show or Saturday Night Fever movie!

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
UPDATE- I brought my Challenger to the dealership this morning to reinstall the shaker emblem. The service rep told me they cannot be reinstalled because the double sided tape won’t adhere once used. They checked the Shaker decal on the other side and it fell off in the service managers hand?
So they said they will order my (2) new ones from Dodge. Pretty disappointing, but the car runs great and I am otherwise satisfied so far.
I guess everybody should check their shaker decals just to be sure they are on good.
Hi @Ghackett1,

We are so sorry to hear that this has happened! If you would like additional assistance while in service, please send our team a private message.

Darlene
DodgeCares

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You Darlene. As I stated the service tech and rep I dealt with at Naples Dodge were very helpful and they certainly were not responsible for the issue with the emblem. At this point it’s all about follow through. Let’s see how long I have to wait for a new pair of emblems and the phone call to come down and have them reinstalled. I have 250 miles on the car and so far I am very happy with it. I’m sure this small issue will be handled swiftly and professionally — I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hey, I’m new here by like one day?, but I’ve got one for you. I just bought my 2019 RT Shaker challenger and my SHAKER emblem flew off! Geez 150 miles can’t believe it, Doesn’t even look like a good adhesive and the emblem is plastic. Very disappointing.
LOL - 150 miles on it, or were you going 150 miles an hour...?!

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Thank You Darlene. As I stated the service tech and rep I dealt with at Naples Dodge were very helpful and they certainly were not responsible for the issue with the emblem. At this point it’s all about follow through. Let’s see how long I have to wait for a new pair of emblems and the phone call to come down and have them reinstalled. I have 250 miles on the car and so far I am very happy with it. I’m sure this small issue will be handled swiftly and professionally — I will let you know how it turns out.
Thank you, @Ghackett1. We look forward to your update.

Darlene
DodgeCares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts