Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 challenger SRT-8. I have fallen in love with the shaker hood. Dose dodge make a shaker package for me or do I need to go after market. Can I pick up the OEM parts form dodge and put it together myself? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You can go with aftermarket. I'm pretty sure the product quality would be better too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
^^and a better price.

·
Registered
396 Posts
A couple of good after market options. The two biggest are AFR and Cervini's. Both great quality big difference is no air box with the AFR. You'll get a lot of debate about which one is better as far as performance. I would say that is negligible. I chose the AFR because it is self contained. The Cervini's looks like more like the one Dodge is using. I think you'll be more than happy with either one.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you go with a Cervini do not be in a hurry. My friend ordered and prepaid for a painted Shaker hood from them on March 21st. He called them on Friday as he still had not received it. Cervini told him that it would take at least another 3 weeks before they could ship it out to him. If it was me I would wait for the Mopar Shaker.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
If you go with a Cervini do not be in a hurry. My friend ordered and prepaid for a painted Shaker hood from them on March 21st. He called them on Friday as he still had not received it. Cervini told him that it would take at least another 3 weeks before they could ship it out to him. If it was me I would wait for the Mopar Shaker.
Cervini makes a excellent product with top notch paint and color match,there probably back logged because of this new shaker craze.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Make ya a bet-your friend's Cervini's will arrive loooooooooong before the factory releases parts on the factory shaker.
And it won't cost him $7500 either.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Yep, go with an aftermarket. There are plenty of threads showing pictures and pros & cons of each. I love my AFR shaker... IMO it looks more OEM and old school than the new shaker.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Make ya a bet-your friend's Cervini's will arrive loooooooooong before the factory releases parts on the factory shaker.
And it won't cost him $7500 either.
$7,500? How did you come up with that figure?
Prices from Steve White
82214110ab hood install kit msrp $1570.00
82213396 hood kit msrp 1015.00

These are MSRP prices so you can knock off another 15% to 20% for a total price of about $2,200 + paint. As for the Cervini Shaker hood the wait may be longer than you think as I just checked their site and the Shaker hood is presently marked as being UNAVAILABLE?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
$7,500? How did you come up with that figure?
Prices from Steve White
82214110ab hood install kit msrp $1570.00
82213396 hood kit msrp 1015.00

These are MSRP prices so you can knock off another 15% to 20% for a total price of about $2,200 + paint. As for the Cervini Shaker hood the wait may be longer than you think as I just checked their site and the Shaker hood is presently marked as being UNAVAILABLE?
That's the price for their "package". Anyone tried to order any of the factory pieces, yet? What's their availability? MSRP? yep, people still paying $500 for a TA airbox, don't see any discounts there do ya? They are still trying to get that airbox which was released in 2010!! imagine the delay for parts still not even on the market yet!! $2200 + paint? Got my Cervini's $2300 painted top and bottom, shipped. I'll stick with aftermarket, Thankyou very much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts