Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some part numbers are now coming up

hood, retails for 1220.00, would sell for 841.80, new model block, so cannot be ordered, and thats just a bare hood

still nothing else listed that we can see

luke

·
Registered
246 Posts
I assume that would be unpainted?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey Luke,

I don't know if you have had a shaker car come through Steve white yet but do you know if there is any chance the 392 1/2 covers will still work with the shaker in place?

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Luke,

I don't know if you have had a shaker car come through Steve white yet but do you know if there is any chance the 392 1/2 covers will still work with the shaker in place?
have not seen one yet

we do have 4 100th Anniversary editions here however

luke

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if the Cervinis shaker intake would fit in the Mopar hood? The one nit I have about Cervinis, is that the hoods sometimes don't seem to fit quite right.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Hey Luke,

I was in Vegas last week and Sahara Dodge had a new core that they put a Cervini shaker hood and stripes on to sell that still had the original covers on it,maybe somebody knows if the shaker is the same dimensions as the stock one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if the Cervinis shaker intake would fit in the Mopar hood? The one nit I have about Cervinis, is that the hoods sometimes don't seem to fit quite right.
That's why I went over to look at this core, wanted to see how it fit the car because i'm going to get one.Cervini is right up the street from me but they have nothing on a car to look at,the one I looked at fit like a glove and the paint was a perfect match.

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
82214110ab hood install kit msrp $1570.00
82213396 hood kit msrp 1015.00

new model block, which means cannot order, will be a while before available, supply will be limited so dont expect the pricing to drop dramatically......

Luke

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
82214110ab hood install kit msrp $1570.00
82213396 hood kit msrp 1015.00

new model block, which means cannot order, will be a while before available, supply will be limited so dont expect the pricing to drop dramatically......

Luke
thanks Luke

If you had to guess, how long do you think it would be?....after production ends in mid June?

I don't mind waiting, just don't want to miss out on the ordering the first available kits.

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks Luke

If you had to guess, how long do you think it would be?....after production ends in mid June?

I don't mind waiting, just don't want to miss out on the ordering the first available kits.

even if Chrysler removes the new model block, it doesnt mean parts will be available, best guess mid summer, maybe
Luke

·
Registered
268 Posts
Luke, Someone mentioned that the Shaker will not work on an 2010 or earlier due to power steering reservoir location. Is it possible to swap the reservoir to the newer location?

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that painted, Luke?

no, thats extra, by the time you install this kit, you will have close to 2800 or 3000.00
Luke

·
Vendor
12,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luke, Someone mentioned that the Shaker will not work on an 2010 or earlier due to power steering reservoir location. Is it possible to swap the reservoir to the newer location?
sorry have no idea, until we see one, we will know very little, something else this is designed for 5.7L, may not work on 6.4's
Luke

·
Registered
659 Posts
The 2011 and up R/T's have electric power steering so they have no reservoir. Until Mopar comes out with a different CAI setup for the 2009 and 2010 cars the Shaker should still fit fine on the earlier cars but would not be functional.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts