Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have ordered another hood from the Dodge dealer to take castings from to make a "flat" hood, the first step in a "Shaker" induction system. I have had the Shaker on my Charger for 3 years now...I got mine from Classic Design Concepts.

Classic Design Concepts Charger Shaker System

The Dodge Dealer parts guy just laughed 'cause he already knows what I'm doing...we'll see how long it takes to get here.

R/

Butch

see it at my old website...it's knd of dated but you get the idea...

www.whatifmopars.com

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Whatifmopars,

Good to see you over here....I remember you were active on chargerforums. I used to be known as Go Man GO 3521..

Keep us informed on your Challenger Shaker!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Goody!

I miss the Charger Forums, but you know I was always just getting ready for the Challenger. I think the modding that I did to the Charger will be great direction to me now. I decided this morning to take out the Jet II chip. It really was a great boost, but requires 93 octane. My fill up this morning cost $72.00. So it'll be one more time to the strip to record numbers, and the chip comes out. I do think that mod and the K&N CAI were the best bang for the buck.

I can't wait to start hacking this beast.

Good hearing from you again...and Happy Modding!

Butch

P.S. I am a Supporting Vendor...

Challenger Pistol Grip

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Yeah Butch.....the Daytona was my test mule too.....I had the Predator on mine and loved it....If this car sees more than 6000 miles a year I will be surprised.

I was just over at chargerforums and I had not visited since 6-19......I used to live there!

I did really like the Daytona and was down at Moroso regularily. On a cold 47 degree night I pulled 13.65 @ 103.

Did you ever run your car?

Chuck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Many Times...the closest strip is Emerald Coast Dragways, Holt, FL...but it's only a
1/8th mile. I kept a few timeslips...best runs made with the Goodrich T/A Drag Radial which got the 60 foot time to around 1.9 something. Temp was in the mid 80's. I found that the only real place I could make time was by lowering Reaction Time (lots of practice) and then tire selection. Also tire pressure in front and rear are critical. It's a big old car and physics still apply. Went so far as to take out the spare and back seat. Silly exercise to make a huge, fun pig go faster. One pitfall I found was after running 20" tires daily...switching to 18" drag radials at the track the first time was a bad idea. The transmission is adaptive and when it sees the new tire size...it takes many miles for it to adapt. Could barely scratch the tires for the first few miles.
Lesson learned...stay with one size. I also lived in the Charger Forum back then....might troll through for old time sake.

8.9229 1/8 ET
76.78 1/8 MPH

R/

Butch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if a shaker would be compatible with a supercharger? Or would it really depend on what type, i.e. roots, centrif., etc., for clearance limitations? Someone has to have attempted this combo.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I always liked the look of the shaker hood but I've seen it on a lot of the new Mustangs lately so I'll keep the stock hood.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Does anyone know if a shaker would be compatible with a supercharger? Or would it really depend on what type, i.e. roots, centrif., etc., for clearance limitations? Someone has to have attempted this combo.
Depending on the type of induction it probably could be done.

I cannot visualize that it would be a very clean installation....too much going on under the hood or through it!

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I dont think there is enough room under the hood for both a shaker and supercharger. If there was, the next challenge would be running the intake from the shaker to the supercharger.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I always liked the look of the shaker hood but I've seen it on a lot of the new Mustangs lately so I'll keep the stock hood.
If you have liked the looks, why worry about what you see around? I cant think of another car before the original E bodies that had shakers. I rode in a buddies 06 Mustang with shaker and I thought it was bad azz. Dont worry about the other guys, buy what you want....

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
yea i definately like the shakers, but it would be in the way of that supercharger i want :)

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
What I was thinking was to use the air coming in the shaker openings for an air to air intercooler.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
so you were plannin on putting the intercooler inside the shaker cap, and continue using a CAI for the intake?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I just dont see the room for a shaker an SC. Hell Im old school, i want SC poking through the hood.

Ragamuffin, where you at!!!
We need to get one so big that you cant see around it. That would be funny. Not very common these days, so im sure it would catch the looks :bigthumb:

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you have liked the looks, why worry about what you see around? I cant think of another car before the original E bodies that had shakers. I rode in a buddies 06 Mustang with shaker and I thought it was bad azz. Dont worry about the other guys, buy what you want....

Your right Roost, it is a silly reason. They do look great on the Mustang ,but like I said previously there every where hear on the Stangs, I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
that would be very nice. How exactly was the incorporation going to take place?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts