Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhhhhhhhh, ok someone straighten me out here..............was gonna get at 2017 GT, BUT test drove a 2017 R/T with the shaker hood. yeah I'm liking that puppy, but am I better off getting a R/T with the scat pack deal, seems right about the same price.

This is coming from a guy with a 2010 SE.
Looked at at a 2017 GT............ seems to be about the same price as a R/t......so I'm I better off with the scat pack deal or what.

Problem is with these challengers, whats up with those god awful sunroofs............no offense to those who have them, me included, but they look terrible to me. Can"t believe there a $ 1100 dollar option.......WOW

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
To me, the Scat Pack is the best bang for your buck if you don't want a Hellcat. It's got plenty of power and everything you could want out of a car if you option it out like mine or if it's bare bones.

The Shaker really comes down to preference. To some it's not worth the price tag for what it is but I think it's awesome. If I got the regular Scat Pack I would have changed the hood out that's it. I also didn't want anything less than the 392 so if I couldn't get that I wouldn't have gotten a Challenger.

But you need to get what you feel is best for you.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
I'd do the Scat Pack over R/T Shaker no doubt. On the sunroof deal, I'm not a fan either and most lot cars seem to have them. Dealers make more profit the more loaded a car is so they tend to load them up, at least on the Scats and higher end cars. And Scat Pack sunroof going up to $1295 in 2018. Hellcat sunroof is $1995 and Demon sunroof is $4995!!! You've got to really love your sunroof.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Do you want AWD?? That's the bigger question. To me, a Challenger needs to have a V8 and you should get the biggest V8 you're comfortable buying. I have a shaker because I think they're awesome looking. I love the retro look and being able to look out over my hood with that huge scoop peaking out.

As far as sunroofs go, seems the majority of the guys on this forum look down on Challenger sunroofs. I've had them and they can be great if you live in the right place. they do seem to counter the the whole Muscle Car vibe and they break up the roof color as well. My current car doesn't have one and I think it looks better that way since my car has such a bright exterior color.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of my decisions came down to wanting the bigger engine but did not want the extra maintenance of the shaker. This forum describes taking off the shaker to add oil plus keeping the seal for the shaker "fresh" so that it does not deteriorate and leak.

As for the sunroof, I agree with one of the posts that the sunroof does not look good when there is a stripe down the center of the car, but I believe that without the stripe, the sunroof adds to the cars profile (IMHO anyway). My sunroof was a favor to the wife (I could have gone either way) and I do find it enjoyable driving with it wide open in the early mornings... :wink3:

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you wait for deals you might be able to find a SPS with fewer options similar in price to a loaded SP. Maybe it will have SGII instead of the HK, no sunroof and no driver convenience group - but the shaker package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts