Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any quesses on what the percentae of "origianl" 70 thru 75 Challengers were purchesed with the optional "SHAKER hood. I'm talking about those models with 340's and bigger. I'm pretty sure there werent any for the slants or 318's. Nor were there any for limitied editions like the T/A's. But I remember a boat load of MOPARS with "SHAKERS" and not just the Challengers, but this question is directed toward the Challengers.
agentorange

BTW: Should be receiving my new SHAKER soon...Hopefully before Christmas. I ordered my SHAKER from AutoFormGroup several weeks ago so It's getting close. My birthday is 12/19 and Christmas is 12/25....either of those days will sufice fir delivery.

Hemi-orange hood, top & bottow...Matte-black scoop....no washer cut outs...AFR Challenger style hood (not smooth like a CUDA hood. CAN'T WAIT.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't recall seeing a Shaker Hood on any factory cars after 1971, not saying they wasn't any made. None of my books on the old cars shows this just engines, models and such.

7,359 Posts
Devils right only the top dogs for about a year got a shaker cowl.
Dwjhog here at CT just found a mint 340 cuda with a shaker its a freaking cream dream..

You did well going with an AFR shaker man I love my set up !
IMO the SRT8 being top dog sould have had a shaker from the factory not an RT hood.
Wait till you see the qaulity of the hood and cowl...Your gonna freak buddy!
The cowl connection via that 90 elbow is just what the Dr ordered!!
AFR is the only true shaker out there as its all self contained in the cowl no routing to a CAI what so ever.

Hell, wait till you see the stares from people when you cruise by...:bigthumb:
Im currently running the TA snorkel and the shaker cowl,and via Steve it should be ready soon.Im in no big hurry.
This is the most versitile system out there hands down with the best water drainage as well.
WTB guys you know a great qaulity mod when you see one.
Pictures asap lucky guy!

Welcome to the AFR family Hoss!

We work with what we have..:guiness:
Any quesses on what the percentae of "origianl" 70 thru 75 Challengers were purchesed with the optional "SHAKER hood. I'm talking about those models with 340's and bigger. I'm pretty sure there werent any for the slants or 318's. Nor were there any for limitied editions like the T/A's. But I remember a boat load of MOPARS with "SHAKERS" and not just the Challengers, but this question is directed toward the Challengers.
agentorange

BTW: Should be receiving my new SHAKER soon...Hopefully before Christmas. I ordered my SHAKER from AutoFormGroup several weeks ago so It's getting close. My birthday is 12/19 and Christmas is 12/25....either of those days will sufice fir delivery.

Hemi-orange hood, top & bottow...Matte-black scoop....no washer cut outs...AFR Challenger style hood (not smooth like a CUDA hood. CAN'T WAIT.

·
Registered
396 Posts
agentorange

Are you getting them to paint it or a local shop? If they do, can y9ou comment on the quality of the paint and color match??

Thanks!:werd:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts