Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the Mopar CAI Aluminum intake pipe vs. the black plastic one with large resonator that comes stock on the Shakers.

Just wondering if any of our vendors and/or Mopar will sell that pipe separately as a direct replacement??

Should be a good seller as a lot of us will upgrade.

:guiness:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like the look of the Mopar CAI Aluminum intake pipe vs. the black plastic one with large resonator that comes stock on the Shakers.

Just wondering if any of our vendors and/or Mopar will sell that pipe separately as a direct replacement??

Should be a good seller as a lot of us will upgrade.

I'm looking also for only a pipe to my shaker CAI but I can't find any vendor that sell this part separately.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi There,

I purchased a Dodge Charger 5.7 tube, for some reason the Charger 5.7 doesn't use the silencer?

Speedlogix sold it to me, under $100.00, even comes with the sensor :)

Mopar PN 4861940AC

Then I purchased a can of Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint "metalic silver"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi There,

I purchased a Dodge Charger 5.7 tube, for some reason the Charger 5.7 doesn't use the silencer?

Speedlogix sold it to me, under $100.00, even comes with the sensor :)

Mopar PN 4861940AC

Then I purchased a can of Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint "metalic silver"

Hope this helps.

Very good idea for the Krylon spray paint I think I will go buy the charger tube and paint it like you did.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance,

But what is the benefit of swapping? Looks? A little more engine sound? I'm curious as I have a SPS on the way....

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please forgive my ignorance,

But what is the benefit of swapping? Looks? A little more engine sound? I'm curious as I have a SPS on the way....
Benefits, for me there were:

First off I like the look of mechanical things and am not a fan of hiding any part of the engine under plastic covers. This silencer was just sticking out there and hiding the front block/cyl. head/belt drive.

As for sound, if it was there to reduce sound I'm not sure what sound they would be concerned with on a Challenger vs. Charger? I have a MT 6-speed and when I step on it it has a nice deep throaty sound with or without the silencer. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with deceleration in a MT? Maybe someone here can clarify the exact purpose of this silencer?

And lastly, I'm still researching the catch can logic. Once I decide that is where the can can will go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts