Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a Shaker kit that I can use with my existing hood. I had a 2009 Challenger R/T that I installed a shaker on from Classic Design Concepts, but they don't make shakers anymore. It was a great kit that included all the parts, a cut template for the existing hood, ring for the top of the hood and ring for the underside of the hood that snapped together. My mechanical skills are rather on a beginner to intermediate level for auto work, but I am very mechanically inclined and it turned out beautiful. I love the original hood and really don't want another hood with my shaker system. I did find one from Danko Reproductions, but it states on their website that it's not designed for the 6.4L. I have an email out to them and waiting to hear back from them. It would be great if it also included a hood cut template and rings like my CDC kit I had for my R/T. Does anyone out there know of any great kits that can be used with the existing hood? I see a lot of kits, including Mopar and Cervini, but they make you use a hood I don't like. I would appreciate any feedback. I am new to Challenger Talk. I promised myself I would buy a SRT8 after I finished paying off my last business loan and found a great deal for a 2012 manual with less than 9000 miles on it that was upgraded with headers, flow masters, CAI, rechipped and dyno tested for 36K. Here are some pics of my old R/T and my new SRT8. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
There are no kits for the 6.4 cars yet. If you are willing to wait a little longer, you can buy the kit right from Dodge for the 6.4.

Given the price points on the aftermarket vs. the factory MOPAR parts, it's a no brainer to go with an OEM kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the Danko system is cheaper than the Mopar OEM kit. $699 vs $1499. Just found out the Danko system will fit the 6.4L too. However I would have to do the work myself. There is a place near me called Livernois Motorsports, but they will only install the Mopar OEM version. With labor and everything they quoted me $2790. If I buy the Danko system and do it myself, it's like $800. Not sure if I want to do it again myself, though. I got lucky with my last R/T and cut the hood right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts