Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an R/T Shaker and I was wondering. Is it possible to add a supercharger if I eventually decide to?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
You paid $7K for an appearance package that you're going to remove to install a $5K blower.

I'm confused. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Some people use the Cervini in conjunction with a Magnuson.
Can you tell how the shaker attaches to the top of the intake? You're correct in that you can use a Maggie with a Cervinis, but you still need a special bracket. If the Mopar shaker is attached in a similar manner as the Cervinis I don't know why you couldn't...you just may need someone to machine a similar bracket.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you tell how the shaker attaches to the top of the intake? You're correct in that you can use a Maggie with a Cervinis, but you still need a special bracket. If the Mopar shaker is attached in a similar manner as the Cervinis I don't know why you couldn't...you just may need someone to machine a similar bracket.
I'm not really sure. I have not seen it in person and honestly don't know specifics on it. I am by no means a mechanic. I just have a basic understanding of how they work and didn't understand how you could possibly use bith. I just remember reading that some people said they were.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Maybe someone with a shaker can post an engine pic. From what I've seen though the Cervinis and Mopar setup look very similar, but you would have to see how the baseplate attaches to the engine to know for sure. I will say this, if you can't get one under the Mopar shaker now someone will find a way to do it, just give it time.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I recently bought an R/T Shaker and I was wondering. Is it possible to add a supercharger if I eventually decide to?
You mean like this?

Probably not (also saying with the caveat I have not seen how the factory shaker mounts); however, triz is right, with enough time and money; anything is possible. The question is "most" people who are buying the new shaker is because it's from the factory, and therefore, "special". Once you go modding, that's all out the window and now it's just another modified car. Something to think about. If you want the power and the look, you would have much better off buying a lowly run of the mill RT/SRT, adding an aftermarket shaker hood and SC; and, not having to worry about ruining a "special/rarel" car- that is unless you consider ALL Challengers special and rare!!. Mine is special - "to me". JMHO:guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
You mean like this?

Probably not (also saying with the caveat I have not seen how the factory shaker mounts); however, triz is right, with enough time and money; anything is possible. The question is "most" people who are buying the new shaker is because it's from the factory, and therefore, "special". Once you go modding, that's all out the window and now it's just another modified car. Something to think about. If you want the power and the look, you would have much better off buying a lowly run of the mill RT/SRT, adding an aftermarket shaker hood and SC; and, not having to worry about ruining a "special/rarel" car- that is unless you consider ALL Challengers special and rare!!. Mine is special - "to me". JMHO:guiness:
Well stated and great points Bluert, and some nice pictures for the OP to think about. You are right about being modified! I never really modded a car like I have this one as I always liked stock. But I am not saving this one for the next guy like I have so many others before...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
George. I'd rather have yours, as is, than any Hellcat. You made the car as you want it, not as someone else wants it, and that is personal. Big difference than buying off a lot.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You mean like this?

Thanks for the pictures. I understand your point of view. I bought the car because I like it. I don't plan to ever sell. it. I know the purists would not change a thing, but as long as I like it, it will be special to me. Whatever the case may be, no decision has been made. i'm just exploring future options. I won't be changing anything until my warranty expires.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well if nothing else works you have a hood with a hole already in it so you could use a 671 blower and pop it though the shaker hood, you will then get the same effect as the factory shaker but it would look cooler, JMO but I have been curious about putting on a old school polished Dyers 671 blower that came off a CTA bus.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if nothing else works you have a hood with a hole already in it so you could use a 671 blower and pop it though the shaker hood, you will then get the same effect as the factory shaker but it would look cooler, JMO but I have been curious about putting on a old school polished Dyers 671 blower that came off a CTA bus.
That's actually a really great idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts