Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Getting the CC recall done:

I'm just sitting here shaking my head speechless. And a B5 Blue to boot! Apparently the main requirement to work there is that one's I.Q. be equal to his hat size. I would also inquire if they were going to let that individual continue to work there. If the answer was yes, after I got my car repaired I would post that photo in all the social media I could. This is why I won't even take mine in for the cc recall. I'd have to let three or four idiots get in my car.
It appears that you are as nervous as I am about having dealership service dept. personnel drive your car. I took my 18 Challenger into West Covina Dodge for the recall. I told them that this car is my baby and I don't want anything to happen to it. They understood and had the tech. do the recall where I parked it when I drove into the service area. The recall should take no more then 20 minutes. It is just a software update.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
It appears that you are as nervous as I am about having dealership service dept. personnel drive your car. I took my 18 Challenger into West Covina Dodge for the recall. I told them that this car is my baby and I don't want anything to happen to it. They understood and had the tech. do the recall where I parked it when I drove into the service area. The recall should take no more then 20 minutes. It is just a software update.

Unfortunately the dealerships here (we have two) are not that accommodating. One dealership, when I had one of my R/T's in for a vibration, claimed it was caused by the MDS. I had a 6-speed. Even after I had them call corporate to confirm that 6-speeds have no MDS, since they wouldn't take my word for it, they still signed off the work as "MDS functioning properly" and charged FCA. Their lot is extremely congested with trash everywhere. The other dealership just follows their playbook and will not listen to the customer. I took my Ram in last month for the same recall. I figured it was more durable then the egg shell Challengers. Took them two hours and that was with an appointment. Truck was shoehorned in between other trucks in for service. I still have vivid recollection of when I had a Mustang in for service at the Ford shop. First I witnessed an ASE certified professional run a T-bird into a van and the van popped on top of a Taurus. Then I got my Mustang back with dents all down the side where another ASE cetified professional bounced his rolling toolbox all along the side. I could go on for hours which is why when I absolutely must go to any service facility, I expect the job to not be done correctly. When I needed tires on my Challengers I take the wheels off and throw them in my truck and take down to the tire shop. I've seen rockers mangled due to improper lifting at shops.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Omg, you have got to be kidding me!

So much for my idea of a PDR guy, this is beyond ridiculous! It's really hard to believe they have an idiot like this employed as a supposed tech, stupidest thing I ever seen.

So it's a new trunk lid only but can you trust these guys to do it? At this point, I'd say no. I think I would look for a shop to do it and get the dealer to agree in writing to pay them. This dealer I don't think can be trusted.

And yes, you'd want the paint to cure a few days. At Brampton, the cars are baked immediately after paint but most shops don't have that ability.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
GEES the guy that guy did that should have asked the wise old owl. He only took 3 licks to get to the center of a tootise pop that guy needed 9. You would think after the first or second he would have stopped damaging the car and asked for help from someone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow, that is beyond insane! I hope the fired the tech on the spot, he should not be working on vehicles at all. I would demand too see the old trunk and spoiler once the work is complete. Tell them that up front.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,545 Posts
I went to the dealership this morning to get photos of the damage. Here it is. The service advisor was very apologetic. The GM was very apologetic. I told them I didn't want filler in the deck lid. The ass't manager was going to check the spoiler after he saw the trunk lid damage to make sure it was ok. I was told they removed the spoiler to check the camera. The camera plug connection doesn't require spoiler removal. I won't be taking the car back for minor problems again.
Terry
:surprise:

I don't even know what....

But how did he think...

Wait, what about....

Well f%$k me, I'm speechless...

Just to make sure, this is not a prank, right? I mean, that pic is actual damage done to your car by an employee of the service department at the local Dodge dealership, is that correct??

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I went to the dealership this morning to get photos of the damage. Here it is. The service advisor was very apologetic. The GM was very apologetic. I told them I didn't want filler in the deck lid. The ass't manager was going to check the spoiler after he saw the trunk lid damage to make sure it was ok. I was told they removed the spoiler to check the camera. The camera plug connection doesn't require spoiler removal. I won't be taking the car back for minor problems again.
Terry
Late reply here I have only just read this post and for the life of me could not figure out why the spoiler had to be removed, its like taking the seats out to fix the diff?

I'm speechless all I can think is Moron, what a f'n Moron. :notallthere:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking forward to seeing an update on how the dealer handled the situation. Anything less than a new OEM trunk and spoiler would not be acceptable to me.

·
Super Moderator
15,067 Posts
Terry
Holleee Crap - it looks like they turned a 14 year loose with a pry bar and told him to remove it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I don't even know what....

But how did he think...

Wait, what about....

Well f%$k me, I'm speechless...

Just to make sure, this is not a prank, right? I mean, that pic is actual damage done to your car by an employee of the service department at the local Dodge dealership, is that correct??

Yes it is. I went to the dealership yesterday to look at it as I was told it was back from the body shop. Believe it or not, the service advisor said they could not release it back to me as they wanted to make sure the camera worked. That was in the morning. I still don't have the car back. I almost asked "What are you going to do if it doesn't work? Pry the spoiler off?"

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,545 Posts
Yes it is. I went to the dealership yesterday to look at it as I was told it was back from the body shop. Believe it or not, the service advisor said they could not release it back to me as they wanted to make sure the camera worked. That was in the morning. I still don't have the car back. I almost asked "What are you going to do if it doesn't work? Pry the spoiler off?"
That pic is something like out of a movie...I would have never expected to see something like that in real life.

If this really is a movie we're all playing a part in, then I envision the service adviser being one of those old crusty cowboy types who has a pearl handled .45 Colt in his glove box, and if your car gets done but the camera still doesn't work, he's going to slowly walk out to grab his gun, slowly walk back, point the gun at your car, and BANG! put 'er down!

Let's hope this really isn't a movie we're all in :wink3:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So, I got a call this morning that my car was ready to be picked up. I go out to inspect it with the service advisor after I got off work. He decided not to charge me for the service of checking the camera connection. Anyway, I inspect it and someone had used a screwdriver or something similar to pry the plastic below the back edge of the trunk lid. Here is what it looks like now. Like it was chewed on. The service advisor was not concerned about it and told me to let him know if I had any problems. I went right to the assistant manager and he took a photo and said he'd let the GM know. We'll see where it goes from here. I believe it is all one piece above the tail lights. Am I being too picky?
Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
So, I got a call this morning that my car was ready to be picked up. I go out to inspect it with the service advisor after I got off work. He decided not to charge me for the service of checking the camera connection. Anyway, I inspect it and someone had used a screwdriver or something similar to pry the plastic below the back edge of the trunk lid. Here is what it looks like now. Like it was chewed on. The service advisor was not concerned about it and told me to let him know if I had any problems. I went right to the assistant manager and he took a photo and said he'd let the GM know. We'll see where it goes from here. I believe it is all one piece above the tail lights. Am I being too picky?
Terry

You are not being too picky, make them fix it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Mechanics are not collision techs and collision techs are not mechanics.

That should have been worked on by someone experienced in the body and trim of a car. I have removed several of those without any damage.

I am a collision tech.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm sorry the dealership continues to damage your car. If you take it back again I'm sure they will add additional damage elsewhere on you car that you can post about. PLEASE read my post in this thread (Post #8) and give it some serious thought. Then, take your car to a reputable body shop and have it fixed correctly and pay them whatever it takes. :|

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm shocked and outraged by this level of incompetence by both the dealer and the techs. Any jackass with half a brain can pass one of the ASE tests and call themselves ASE certified but a true technician is dedicated to their craft and treats the customer's car like his own. I met more crappy techs than good ones in my years in the shop and have seen enough dealer bigwigs shrug their shoulders at damaged vehicles to last a lifetime.

When you do find a reputable tech or shop, spread the word and keep those guys well fed. :)

Gah, that trunk picture pisses me off! Demand satisfaction and don't let them shrug away the problem.

Oh yeah, I'm a (former) ASE certified Master Technician. ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts