Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I just received my B5 R/T Shaker last week, love it. Noticed this morning it is supposed to rain for the next week. Any issues known regarding rain/car washes and the Shaker option. Thanks

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Good morning, I just received my B5 R/T Shaker last week, love it. Noticed this morning it is supposed to rain for the next week. Any issues known regarding rain/car washes and the Shaker option. Thanks
Can't speak for the Shaker but the Hellcat intake is designed for any water to drain out the bottom and the air to go up top through the filter. Perhaps there is something similar designed into the Shaker.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
it will be fine

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
No worries at all. There are Shaker drains plus the air duct connects to the airbox, and what little water that somehow makes it down the duct will just fall out the bottom of the box. You know Dodge had to have thought of this and tested it thoroughly before offering for sale.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The top scoop has its on drain hole for rain/wash. The base also has its own drain from any water that might enter thru the scoop. The air intake tube comes from a raised portion of the scoop base so you would need like a 1/2" rain to flood thru scoop to overcome the lip which that aint happening. Its a nice setup, had mine for about 7 months and no issues with water.

Here's a few pics....>>>> not my car <<<<

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
The top scoop has its on drain hole for rain/wash. The base also has its own drain from any water that might enter thru the scoop. The air intake tube comes from a raised portion of the scoop base so you would need like a 1/2" rain to flood thru scoop to overcome the lip which that aint happening. Its a nice setup, had mine for about 7 months and no issues with water.

Here's a few pics....>>>> not my car <<<<
That car looks familiar. I've seen it someplace else... Oh yeah, I remember now. It's in my garage. That's my car. Thank you for re-posting the pictures and helping others. I posted those pics last year. Happy to see they are still useful. I now have over 12k miles on the car, driven in heavy rain, taken through the car wash many times, and NEVER had a problem with water in the intake. It's a safe and reliable set-up on the '14, I'm guessing it's the same set-up for the '15. Enjoy your new car B5shaker15.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts