Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my second challenger, went from a 2011 toxic orange V6 Challenger to a 2020 50th anniversary RT shaker hood. The problem I'm having is the car is 6 months old and the shaker gasket is wearing the paint off from underneath the hood. Has anybody had this problem?

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Just purchased my second challenger, went from a 2011 2011 toxic orange V6 Challenger to a 2020 50th anniversary RT shaker hood. The problem I'm having is the car is 6 months old and the shaker gasket is wearing the paint off from underneath the hood. Has anybody had this problem?
I’ll hazard a guess that if it’s happening to you it has to be happening to many. I’d think there should be some kind of clear bra protection film under there to stop this from occurring.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
328 Posts
I’ll hazard a guess that if it’s happening to you it has to be happening to many. I’d think there should be some kind of clear bra protection film under there to stop this from occurring.
There is a clear film around the inside off the opening

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine wore off at the back where it said shaker from the windshield cleaner line No matter what I did it would just go back to it rubbing the decal.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. My new SPWB Shaker came with the clear film protector already installed around the hood opening. Only had it about 2 weeks so not sure how it will stand up. We will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts