Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2018 R/T Plus with the shaker hood and the color is yellow jacket. I bought the car as it came into the dealership and it was stripes delete. I was glad because I also felt that the stripes were too busy. Without the stripes, the shaker really draws the attention. I went to the grocery store and when I came out, there was a fellow in his truck parked behind my car and he was really taking it in. When I walked up with my groceries, he commented that it was a beautiful car and he noticed that there were no stripes. I told him what my thinking was on the stripes. He gave me another compliment on the car and drove off. I popped my trunk and loaded my groceries. When I finished and put the trunk down, there he was at the front of my car and he was staring at it. He then said something that I didn't hear so I asked him to repeat what he had said. His comment was that I was right...the car does not need stripes. It is beautiful as it is. I agree!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My vote is to keep them (too late, I know). I have a Black 2019 R/T Plus Shaker. I have no stripes of any kind, and I would like some. To be totally upfront, I was ordering a Granite Grey version that would have had stripes, but ended up getting one that was purchased by my dealership from another dealership 300 miles away. I don't know if they stripe black exteriors, but I would have preferred the striping.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,162 Posts
My opinion on SHAKER stripes, I prefer the Scat Pack Bumblebee stripe. BUT, I do like the Shakedown stripe package, and you can now get that as a separate option on 2020s.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,162 Posts
My SHAKER has the Scat Pack Appearance group, with the bumblebee stripe. Before I got it, I didn't even know that there was people that didn't like the stock SHAKER stripes. I showed the one I was looking at to another MOPAR fan and he mentioned something like "Nice, at least it doesn't have those SHAKER stripes" so he was aware, without even having a Challenger. But as for me, it really depends on the color. I like all of the options on SHAKERs, I wouldn't want mine any other way but on lighter/brighter cars, the stock stripes look very good, and on B5, ShakeDown! I really like how the stock ones continue across the roof and trunk, but not on black cars.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
90 Posts
I am not a fan of the flat black SHAKER stripe package. I would like to remove the stripes but being it is B5 and a 2016, I am afraid the paint may be "faded". Even tho it only has 7K miles. I just bought it at the end of 2019 and do not know if it spent much time outside in the sun. It has been sitting inside since then.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts