Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I started removing the Shaker stripes off my car and started with the hood. I used a hair dryer and some automotive safe adhesive removal afterwards to wipe away any residue that may stay using a microfiber cloth. I did notice a ghost line of where the stripes were at but mostly for the skinny ones on the side.

Also I washed the hood after and noticed that the water would not avoided the areas where the stripes were at and it would stay dry. Is this normal?

I haven’t started on the roof or trunk yet.

Is there any recommendations you guys can offer to remedy this. Are there products or methods I should do? Waxing? Polishing? Buffering? Etc...

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

Reactions: Nightwing

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
672 Posts
I used some Turtle Wax Polishing Compound when I took the stripes of my Shaker. There is just the slightest hint of a "ghost stripe" left, but it is only visible in certain rare lighting conditions. I think one more go around with the compound would take care of it, but it will have to wait until spring.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ghosting is gonna happen.its funny how the water beads around the areas ,mine does it also.give the car a full detail using mild compound or cleaner wax product then a good wax sealer.alot easier if you have an orbital buffer.wont eliminate the ghosting due to the exposed paint starting to fade from the sun but will help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts