Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could we please have a sub-forum for all the Shaker threads?

with the upcoming 2015 Shaker R/T's and 392 Shakers, plus your current members with 2014 Shakers we could use a Shaker specific forum imo. Some threads are Shaker specific....example....strut bars that fit R/T's dont always fit Shakers, certain catch cans that dont clear under the scoop...list goes on and on.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
oh man....so how you like the trim ring in painted to match?

I think it looks clean as hell myself, your car has a certain flow to it thats just spot on

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
oh man....so how you like the trim ring in painted to match?

I think it looks clean as hell myself, your car has a certain flow to it thats just spot on
I had two painted, black like the shaker and the yellow. The black looked nice but seemed to make it clash with the side strips with to much black. I think the yellow with the black shaker and the 392 in yellow is just right.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Well, right now I'm a wannabe since the car I want is not available yet. I plan on ordering a Sublime Green Scat Pack Shaker when they become available, whenever that will be. So I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by spring!
The only thing that concerns me is, with the Shaker, isn't adding a supercharger pretty much out the window? It's not a deal killer for me, because I think the 392 has plenty of power already, and things like cams, etc. can still be done.
I suppose a turbo set up could still be done, but I don't know if anyone's done so yet. What type of power adder is compatible with a shaker?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well, right now I'm a wannabe since the car I want is not available yet. I plan on ordering a Sublime Green Scat Pack Shaker when they become available, whenever that will be. So I'm not there yet, but I hope to be by spring!
The only thing that concerns me is, with the Shaker, isn't adding a supercharger pretty much out the window? It's not a deal killer for me, because I think the 392 has plenty of power already, and things like cams, etc. can still be done.
I suppose a turbo set up could still be done, but I don't know if anyone's done so yet. What type of power adder is compatible with a shaker?:scratchhead:
Stevewhite motors did a maggie shaker!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

perfect subject matter for a shaker specific thread topic

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Stevewhite motors did a maggie shaker!
I wasn't aware of that. It's good to know it can be done.
Next question LOL. How many 2014 Shakers were built? Was there a finite amount, as in 1,000, or a lot more?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I wasn't aware of that. It's good to know it can be done.
Next question LOL. How many 2014 Shakers were built? Was there a finite amount, as in 1,000, or a lot more?
2000 shakers were built for the US
125 additional shakers for Canada.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Thanks for your responses regarding the number of '14 Shakers built. I like those relatively low numbers. I can only hope there aren't a ton of 2015's built! In 2011, when Japan had the tsunami, the factory that made metalflake pigment limited paint availability destined for those paints that needed this material for the Challenger. I was lucky because Green With Envy was already here and was not affected. If there was a fire at the plant that makes the Shaker parts, Dodge would be limited to parts on hand. :sneaky: :flame:

·
Registered
379 Posts
could we please have a sub-forum for all the Shaker threads?

with the upcoming 2015 Shaker R/T's and 392 Shakers, plus your current members with 2014 Shakers we could use a Shaker specific forum imo. Some threads are Shaker specific....example....strut bars that fit R/T's dont always fit Shakers, certain catch cans that dont clear under the scoop...list goes on and on.
And some shaker owners egos are much too large to fit inside of a non-shaker Challenger.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
And some shaker owners egos are much too large to fit inside of a non-shaker Challenger.
Well, count me out as one of them. This will be my third Challenger in less than 5 years and I love them all! The sad part of it is, the Shaker that I don't even own yet, probably won't be my last! It will, however, stay in the family.:grouphug:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
why would we have an ego...its just a "hole in the hood" :browsmiley:

I think really what it comes down too is a 5.7 is a 5.7 and a 392 is a 392 no matter if there is a hole in the hood or not. The sub categories seem to go by engines, I think.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think really what it comes down too is a 5.7 is a 5.7 and a 392 is a 392 no matter if there is a hole in the hood or not. The sub categories seem to go by engines, I think.
Then why do we have a scat pack 392 sub-forum? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I as well am waiting to order a 392 shaker. I'm gonna go with the sublime. No more black cars for me
Great, I cant wait to see the new 392 Shakers arrive and in sublime will be really nice. I hear ya on the color black, its a job keeping clean, my last challenger was black and I said never again lol

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Then why do we have a scat pack 392 sub-forum? :scratchhead:

Well, that's why I posted above, "I think". Ask the moderators.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
20 Participants
Hal H
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing