Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my PCP SHAKER home yesterday and was wondering.........
1- Should i paint the Shaker bubble Silver ?
2- Since it is an R/T should i put a silver R/T stripe on side?

What you guys think????

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Well, its your car so do what you want...

Now with that said... there will be two camps, the first will be the purists who will look at the limited edition car and have an aneurysm at the gall of someone tweaking it at all... Then there will be the folks that will have no clue that they looking at a limited edition car and just wave and give you a thumbs up on your awesome ride.

Personally, I would be curious to see what a silver Shaker would look like with the black graphics...(do you have the black graphics)...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd say mod it if your worried about being able to get back to stock have it wrapped or plastidipped rather than painted. In general I like modding since it lets me personalize my ride but as Shane pointed out there will be a camp that cringes at the thought of modding a limited edition car.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a afr shaker painted argent silver on my brilliant black srt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you type in a search for afr shakers my car will come up with more pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
They made 2000 of them. Mod it and drive it! My dad just picked up a new '14 392 PCP Core today and I told him to drive this car! He had a Shelby before and took a bath in it and never drove it. So many people want to put these cars away and think they are an investment. New cars are not investments. They are a hobby! My motto is buy it, mod it, drive it, love it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, its your car so do what you want...

Now with that said... there will be two camps, the first will be the purists who will look at the limited edition car and have an aneurysm at the gall of someone tweaking it at all... Then there will be the folks that will have no clue that they looking at a limited edition car and just wave and give you a thumbs up on your awesome ride.

Personally, I would be curious to see what a silver Shaker would look like with the black graphics...(do you have the black graphics)...
I do have the black graphics.
I'm still hesitant to mod.
I'm still in the halfway camp.....purist/custom.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I won't mod mine other than genuine Mopar accessories, but I will drive it.

·
Super Moderator
14,462 Posts
Back in the day, the '70-'71 shaker default color was Organisol black (matte/textured black) or Argent.

The only other colors offered for the shaker were B5 Blue or Rallye Red in conjunction with those body paint colors.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just brought my PCP SHAKER home yesterday and was wondering.........
1- Should i paint the Shaker bubble Silver ?
2- Since it is an R/T should i put a silver R/T stripe on side?

What you guys think????
Mine goes to my specialty shop next week. I AM painting the ring around the shaker, some graphics down the hood and some on the rear end in a very dark black cherry metal flake. If I don't like it, I can always have it repainted. It's YOUR car, do what makes YOU happy. The other folks aren't paying for it.

a Gal w/ a Shaker.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
here's a pic of the outer shaker ring painted in black cherry. A couple other pics showing the groove of the hood is in black cherry and there's a R/T Ghost stripe across the back and down the sides.
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I like what you have done. These photo's are the first ones where the paint mods show up clearly. I have no thoughts of my car being an instant collectible. I like that it's a bit limited and different. The value is the value. I don't want to depreciate my car any further or more quickly than it will go on it's own. I still may want a 2015 when I see them in person. In the mean time...this car is growing on me everyday. It would be hard for me to trade at this point. I really like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I'm keeping mine almost stock. I'm Just doing bolt on stuff that I can take off or switch etc.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I'm keeping mine almost stock. I'm Just doing bolt on stuff that I can take off or switch etc.
I'm making it MY car, like no other anywhere. Anything I do can always be undone if needed. But in the meantime, its me. I didn't buy this car as an investment. I bought it because *I* liked it and its what I want to drive, and IF I ever have the need to sell it, I'm sure its value would be good because its a numbered car and well kept.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I sure didn't buy mine as an investment. When I sell my car I always like to pass on all the original stuff and all the records maintenance etc.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Do what you like, enjoy the car!

I'm having dealer install a white spoiler, mopar 10 black-chrome grill and RT "classic" side stripes. Heritage II wheels and another set of F1s on there way.

I plan to keep the car forever but I'm keeping all original parts "just in case"...

·
Registered
718 Posts
I plasti-dipped my shaker just to see what it would look like some other color. Unfortunately the color I used looks like primer, but I ran it for a week and then removed it.

I might try white but I think argent would look pretty good. I figure if it can be painted, it can always be stripped and put back original.

I like the R/T stripes, but not with the Shaker graphics too. One or the other in my view.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts