Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have about 550 miles on my 392. When I let it sit for a couple days and then start it there is an aggressive shaking. No strange sounds and the RPMs remain pretty steady. It only does it for about 5-7 seconds. But it's aggresive enough that it definetely doesn't seem "normal".

If I drive it to work, I can let it sit for 10+hrs and it won't do it, just when it sits for a couple of days.

Anyone have this or have any thoughts? My dealership is about 2 hours away and I didn't know if this is something everyone was experiencing during break in period or just me. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I only drive mine about once a week. Sometimes not even that but have never experience this "shake". I'm sitting around 300 miles and have only taken her out of the garage about 5 times. Make sure you take some video so you have some proof because you know the dealer will not see it happen. I'm sure you are not willing to leave your car there for days either. I know I wouldn't.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 392 does the same thing. So did my 6.1L and both of my 5.7L's.

No kidding? I don't dig it at all. My 5.7 never did this. Seems like I read something about another member that had a similar issue and had his reflashed and it fixed it.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Possible seating/compression on a motor mount? Once moving a bit, lets it re-expand? Or hell, could be the exact opposite...... I am not THAT smart about cars, so...... :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I might be talking out of my @$$ here but I was just reading up on the hydraulic motor mounts that are new to the 2011s and it could be that when the car hasn't been started for a while the mounts "settle" and it takes some motion for the hydraulic fluid in the mounts to "pump back up"...

just a theory...

I never had rough starts with my 5.7 either... (2008 Charger R/T)

·
Registered
954 Posts
my 5.7 did this the other day after setting 24 hours,and it does make a aweful tapping noise after it sets awhile,i have read threads about the noise before on cars with mds.it sure doesnt seem right but the oil always looks good.BTW,what kind of gas are you using? 93 octane?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
seems normal to me, but i'm used to a C5 ZO6 Vette which has an aggressive cam so it's always like that at idle, weather engine is warmed up or not....you can actually see the hood shake a bit when stopped at a light...kinda cool!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am finishing my second tank of gas. I always use 93. Without a doubt though the first tank was 87 from the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts