Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just recently got a 2017 Challenger RT and I think it is about that time to start putting some fun stuff on it to get more vroom out of my baby. I am starting with a CAI and have been spending hours trying to find the right one for me. They all look great in my opinion and i am not sure what is the best price for quality one to get because everyone is saying something different! Share your opinion on which one you got and how you feel about it or if you have heard anything good about other ones! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mopar CAI!

Perfect fit, excellent quality. It looks great, also you can feel an improvement in throttle response.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Airaid CIA.

Easy to install and clean.

Looks great and I did notice a deeper change to the exhaust tone once install. I will not make any HP improvement claims but it does sound better and just loosen a screw, turn, remove and clean it with filter cleaner.

Much cheaper in the long run over standard filters.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I went with the Mopar CAI , looks good easy install, then put in the DIPs screen and
Mopar tube, for more direct air ,, you can get everything from Steve White ( vendor here )

Attachments

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I put my own together. Hellcat lower box, Air Catcher tube, K&N drop in filter and Intake tube from a Charger without the silencer. Biggest thing I like, it is made of all stock parts, except the filter, oh and it works too....

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I went thru several hours of R&D and data logging spending about 700 bucks to find answers to what would work best for my ride with actual air flow increases, I ended up with a built lower scoop directing air into a hellcat lower box, with the headlight inlet hole blocked off that's on the side of the box since my car can not use that option, K&N filter, hell cat upper lid and a tapered down entrance from the box to the throttle body to promote air velocity speeds- going from 4 1/2" to 4" down to my throttle body of 3 1/4".

I did find using a fender pull style cai kit that was made from 3" pipe was too restrictive for around the 500 hp gross mark.

hellcat filter vs K&N filter, the K&N filter by far had higher air flow thru every data point, out flowed the hellcat filter everywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went with the Mopar CAI , looks good easy install, then put in the DIPs screen and
Mopar tube, for more direct air ,, you can get everything from Steve White ( vendor here )
^^^^^ This - exactly what I ended up doing.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I went with the Volant, I've had several comments that it looks like it could have been stock from the factory.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Started with a K&N Typhoon which worked well in terms of looks and intake temps. I now have a T/A style Air Grabber intake. Not much different temps. than the K&N but like the idea of a closed loop system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts