Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, haven't been on the forum for awhile, have a 17 GT, even after two years of looking at that shark fin antenna, still drives me nuts. lol...…….was looking at some 2019 cars, they were all SXT but they had the little black cap on them...……..my 2010 had the black cap, so whats up with this deal...…….

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yeah I like the flat cap on my 2013 R/T....don't really like the shark fin on the newer cars. I wonder why they changed it after 2014....

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Believe the fin is only needed with the apps that came along in 2015 with the 8.4 radio. The cars that kept the smaller 5.0 radio stayed with the black puck antenna. The SiriusXM will work with both but I don't know if the cable and connections will allow simply replacing the fin with the puck. To get to it either way, the headliner must come down so a little bit of work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Believe the fin is only needed with the apps that came along in 2015 with the 8.4 radio. The cars that kept the smaller 5.0 radio stayed with the black puck antenna. The SiriusXM will work with both but I don't know if the cable and connections will allow simply replacing the fin with the puck. To get to it either way, the headliner must come down so a little bit of work.

Thanks for the info. I thought that all the newer cars came with the shark fin, now I know better. Interesting.

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought that all the newer cars came with the shark fin, now I know better. Interesting.
For 18 and 19 looks like Canadian 8.4 radios also get the fin but for 15, 16 and 17 they got the puck because the apps didn't work there so the fin wasn't needed, was unique seeing a puck on a Hellcat. The base cars with 7.0 still use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts