Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating on the idea of shaving my door handles on the Chally.

Wanted to get you guys take on this mod!
Possible Pros & Cons

Has anyone else done this mod or have any pics of a chally with shaved door handles.

Thanks guys, eager for your responses.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I personally think the car is great just the way it is...Dodge did a good job with the lines on this car and i like the door handles, although i must admit i'm 5'4" and feel like the handles are a little high.....strange, huh????

·
Registered
323 Posts
for show cars, or cars that dont get a ton of miles put on them i say go for it. i love the smooth clean look (i have them on my sunfire that i show) for a daily driver that is driven every day i'd probably pass on them.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
since there's no lock cylinder on the trunk - if your fob battery died or the car's battery went while locked up...tough time getting the car open.

There's only the driver's side lock cyl on the entire car.

The '08-'10 handles are relatively smooth/flush to the body.
The '11 handle (passive Keyless entry) protrudes out much more than the previous handle design.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
easy enough to do BUT run a manual choke cable to your silenoid on the drivers side with the pull part mounted in your engine compartment along WITH your electric wiring - will avoid all KINDS of problems if the battery tanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's

If decide to do it you guys will know!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ive recently thought about doing this, but thought it would be too much money...Any idea what this would cost to do? I figured they would have to re-paint the entire door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive recently thought about doing this, but thought it would be too much money...Any idea what this would cost to do? I figured they would have to re-paint the entire door.

What brought the idea up, was a friend of mine who has an Rx8 was looking seriously to getting his done. Done all his research and everything and found a shop near him that will do it. Didn't get the quote from him about pricing, but know its going to be a pretty penny.

"Get what you pay for"

·
Registered
323 Posts
costs can vary wildly. in my sunfire i installed the door poppers and all that so my body guy just have to remove the handles. weld in the filler panel and paint. id expect somewhere in the $500-$1000 range for a high quality painter. at the time i shaved my gas door and antenna and other stuff so. paint and body work is one area where i wouldn't try and cut costs.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I think it would look great. Add electric solenoids that would pop the door open when you press the remote!!
Here's what mine would look like.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That looks tight hurst. I don't know whether to thank you, or get upset that I'm gonna be out 1k to get this done lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Why would it be?
I dunno. If you get into an accident, they won't be able to easily get you out.

I just go by the assumption most everything is. There are some lower control arms I've seen that aren't street legal.

Just remember reading about it somewhere, of course, the internetz has been known to contain false information :smiley18:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have to say .. on the white , it didnt stand out enough to be worth spending the money on it( my car is white) but on the toxic it looks sick ... love it ... i wanted to do it .. but again imo the handles dont look that bad and dont take enough away to spen 1k ... on the white car .. jmo

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I wouldn't shave them :)
It is up to you, do what you find more beautiful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts