Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've read many of the threads here regarding intake manifold shaving, and it has me motivated. I, like most others, dislike the factory cover immensely, and usually run without it. However, the engine could be prettier, and it mostly comes down to the overly-fussy intake manifold appearance.

I would like to shave and swap one onto my engine, but need a core to start with. I'm assuming posting a want-ad here is the best path? My plan is to not make it look too "nice", but rather just what it should have looked like from the factory. This means I'll probably sand and bead blast it when finished to replicate the matte finish, or may have to shoot it out in a matte black paint.

Sounds like pretty much all the post-09 manifolds are the same, and will direct-swap onto my '14. Any additional comments from those in the know before I embark?

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
So, I've read many of the threads here regarding intake manifold shaving, and it has me motivated. I, like most others, dislike the factory cover immensely, and usually run without it. However, the engine could be prettier, and it mostly comes down to the overly-fussy intake manifold appearance.

I would like to shave and swap one onto my engine, but need a core to start with. I'm assuming posting a want-ad here is the best path? My plan is to not make it look too "nice", but rather just what it should have looked like from the factory. This means I'll probably sand and bead blast it when finished to replicate the matte finish, or may have to shoot it out in a matte black paint.

Sounds like pretty much all the post-09 manifolds are the same, and will direct-swap onto my '14. Any additional comments from those in the know before I embark?

Cheers!

JD
yeah, make 2 because I am lazy and too cheap to buy a 6.1L

1 - 2 of 2 Posts