Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have a quick question about the latest recommended sheepskin wash mitts

It's that time of year again to wash my mint black paint for the show and shine car shows and sunny day cruises

My last mitt has been showing signs of wear and is time to get a new one.

Simoniz has a genuine sheepskin mitt at the local speedshop that I will likely buy although I want to make sure I am making the right decision.

Simoniz also makes lesser "synthetic" wool mitts which I know to stay away from as I'm sure those synthetic fibres won't be good for my cut polished wetsanded clay barred black paint.

What are your thoughts on the Simoniz genuine sheepskin mitt quality? Is there other comparable mitts or better ones out there?

Thanks for your input

-Geo

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I got an exotic car I had to relearn how to wash a car, lol. Top end detail shop did a 1/2 day class and it was very interesting. Personally I use only Griots products now. For washing I like there microfiber wash mitts. Professional's use the double bucket method with a screens in the bottom so you don't pick up dirt or sand off the bottom of the bucket. I am not that hard core. I just use a single bucket filled full and never go more than 1/2 way down into the bucket when rinsing the mitt. For drying I use 2 Griots large microfiber drying towels. Gave up the chamois and super absorber years ago after the class.

I actually designed a wash cart I need to bring to market. I designed it around 2008 when the market crashed and the timing was bad. We still wash cars like it is 1953. Hose, bucket on the ground and our car stuff scattered all over the garage on different shelves. Cart has wheels and you can store all your cleaning supplies in on spot. Has two bucket holders so the bucket is off the ground and you are not bending over to get to the bucket every rinse. I place to hang your wash hose and fast turn ringer so you can squeeze the water out of you towels, chamois or super absorber. Also holders for your wheel brushes and tools. Just wheel the cart out and you are ready to go. Of course it also has a beer holder and a seat to sit on while doing your tires and wheels. In the $79 to $179 depending the materials a branding. $79 is all plastic and functional. $179 is branded, some stainless bling and maybe some diamond plate. I think it would be great father day gift items instead of a new tie. I thought about this a long time and think car guys would appreciate it. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I might have to pick one of those up. I've been looking to get a merino wool mitt but trying to find one that was good quality and wouldn't come apart after a few washes. I've not been disappointed in carpro products yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just buy a pack of microfibers and throw them away after use. I actually go through at least two clothes a wash. I'll fold them into different sections as the cloth gets dirt from the wash and then throw it away when I can use any more section of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts