Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am finally taking my Scat for a little nip and tuck to remove the mid mufflers. :surprise::wink3::grin2:The shop quoted me $126 in Atlanta and told me he did the same thing for another 392 challenger yesterday! I'm very excited. I absolutely love the stock exhaust but recently have been craving something a little louder. Worst case, I can always put them back on.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Make sure they leave you enough meat wherever they cut so that you do have that option to weld anything back.

Reactions: Janson

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Going to take before and after sound clips?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to take before and after sound clips?
You bet! I took a brief cold startup sound clip before i left. I will have to take an after cold startup tomorrow.

I had it done this morning. Unfortunately i had to drive straight back and get to work. I live close to the shop so the drive wasnt too long.

I have always loved the stock exhaust but I felt that around town (not at full throttle) the stock exhaust wasnt loud enough. At full throttle the stock exhaust was nearly perfect but I spend 90% of my time driving around town and not at full throttle.

My first impressions of having the mid mufflers removed are very good. It sounds like it should sound. The idle is very deep and powerful sounding without being too loud. It sounds beautiful accelerating. The amazing thing is that the exhaust really quiets down when just cruising. I held off for so long because i was worried it would be too loud for road trips. My only critique is that I got on it once and it sounded a little raspy at higher rpms with near full throttle. This could have been because the exhaust was not warmed up yet (engine was). Either way I am very happy I did this mod.

The exhaust shop was terrific. The owner was a mechanical engineer and previous race car driver. He previously retired but was running the shop for fun. My next mod will be replacing the stock tips with quad tips. He had a few pairs that we looked at and I like the look a lot.

Which tips does everyone like? I am biased towards the larger one on the left.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Bigger's better. haha! Good luck, thanks for the info!!!

Reactions: Janson

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,635 Posts
Whichever gets your tips straight again! :) I like the black chrome for color. A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts